Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disabling horn beep on lock/unlock

Afro Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Hi folks,

I have a holden VZ Crewman 2004 S V6. I want to disable the horn beeps when locking/unlocking with the remote key. i.e. without disabling the horn entirely.

I've done a search through the forums but can't seem to find anything related to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Af.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi folks,

I have a holden VZ Crewman 2004 S V6. I want to disable the horn beeps when locking/unlocking with the remote key. i.e. without disabling the horn entirely.

I've done a search through the forums but can't seem to find anything related to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Af.
I don't know about VZ but earlier models don't beep when locking or unlocking unless they have an after market alarm. If this is a feature added in later models then perhaps the instructions are in the owner's manual. Do you have an after market alarm?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Should be in the start-up menu (the one you get that says "Press up or down to enter the menu" after you turn the car on and it finished the self-test).

There's an option for "Door lock indicator" and you can choose from "Indicators" where they just flash, or "Horn & Indicators", which is what you'd have already.

I've got mine on "Indicators", and don't worry, the horn still goes off when you trip the alarm ;)

Afro Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Gave the start up sequence a shot and it worked like a treat.

Thanks.
Af.

louissa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VyII equipe
I have tried these suggestions and the horn still beeps when locking- any advice?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
all else fails, try holding lock and unlock for about 5 seconds. Your horn should give a couple of honks then thats it....same procedure to bring it back.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
awesome site there krypt0n.. pretty interested in all the other stuff on there too hehe