Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diy Cai?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
cunners3 said:
point taken, thanks for the advice everyone - for some reason I thought the genuine GMH one was around $200 - just looked on ebay and u can get them for around $60 or so with postage so I'll head down that street i think...
Thanks again boys and girls...
Just go down to your local gmh dealer and ask for a vs supercharged cai and get one over the counter for less than the ebay price and there no postage and its brand new...dont pad the pockets of the blokes on ebay ...they are just buying them like you can and making dough out of the uneducated who think they are getting a good deal ...I think they are $48 trade for the 2 sections you need and there are directions on this site how to fit it

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hey i've read that it is legal to put holes in your wheel arch, where can i view the ADR with the real info on this, i tried googling adr but i kept finding engineering places and stuff...a link or a cut and copy of an actually adr would be great, thanks...

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Mine works a treat and cost $25 all up, the dia inlet has to be at least 40mm ID, you can use a boat skin fitting or a 90deg PVC bend glued in with sikaflex, the inlet must have a small deflector above the outlet inside the air box so it does not blow directly at one spot of the filter, also stops water mist at high speed spraying directly on the filter.

A circular bit of "anything flat" held to the PVC with a couple of home made brackets and some rivets or whatever and your done, but to do it justice the large inlet from the T/B needs to be insulated from the header's heat, or all your doing is giving it more hot air, not cold air, or it's a HAI not a true CAI.

Once the bend is secured and dry you can scab up the vacum cleaner hose, a hose clamp at each end and a few cable clamps to keep the hose hard against the guard, hooks up to the brake duct inlet of the VS bumper.

The hose must be flush with the guard, paint it black, add a quick drive on a dusty road and it's near invisible, but in the odd chance that a bird got stuck in the inlet, about 1,000,000/1 odds, the original GM CAI can be left there, cook the bird later.

Oh yeah, 6.4 lit / 100 km on the highway. so it works fine.

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
If ya want a Genuine CAI I can supply you one for $48 for the Inlet & duct. A pre-cut Air Filter base will be an extra $31. If you om Vic Metro I can courier it to you for $15.00. Ket me know if you are interested. All Brand New Genuine Holden Parts.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I bought all parts for CAI Installation (factory for V6 S/c) for around the hundred dollar mark.

Most people don't bother about buying a new bottom section air box, just cut a section out for the new snorkel pipe, thats great and all. I actually bought my bottom section new as well. Took maybe 5, 10 minutes to setup, supposedly like 2-3RWKW gain, but SO much more noticable on the initial torque around 3500RPM onwards.