Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY Carbon Clean

paroharo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom Director
andyman, the car only misses under load and at idle, once the revs build it goes immediately.

I knew there musta been something like that tool you mentioned around cos the sparkies at work have one for testing cables and the like.
I'll get onto that.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
One for the ecotec boys. Just done one today.

Look at the state of this, just over 150,000km. Went to bursons bought the can, took the top off sprayed it like i had 10 litres to waste. Took many turns to actually start, but once running blew plenty of **** out the exhaust. Held the revs at about 2000rpm for 30 seconds stopped.
Rest the car for 5 min. Started it up took it for a 30min drive with incremental bursts of acceleration.

Now what i noticed was part throttle was smooth and responsive, idle was smooth and it was a touch quieter by the time i got back. Also i dropped .4l/100 in economy without driving economically. @ $13.50 worth every cent, and now will be standard with my oil change and other services.

yeah mine was like that ive used 2 full cans on it now lol i had my car backed up in garage first time and man i got smoked out bad lol deff noticed better response and smooother too

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah mine was like that ive used 2 full cans on it now lol i had my car backed up in garage first time and man i got smoked out bad lol deff noticed better response and smooother too
Did you use 2 at once ?.. Back up in the garage lmao:D. They should call it tune up in a bottle.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
nah like one bottle then a few days later the other bottle lol yeah the next time i made sure my exhuast was facing the road lol
Gee that's a top idea i might go back for another.. LOL did you come out like the cartoons all black faced spitting out smoke lol, oh god can i say black face ?:eek:.

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
guys,
I just got quoted $168ea for genuine coils and $66ea for aftermarket..
I know matt you got em for $200 a set..
My mechanic mate plugged in a 'scan tool' and there are no trouble codes showing.. no indication of the misfire, but it was just doing it the worst it's ever done as I was leaving work (maybe cos A/C on?)
andyman, I had an idea you're a Holden mechanic, do you know if a misfire will show up on a scan tool for an 05 VZ Alloytec 175?
I thought about buying one coil and replacing each one in turn until the misfire goes away but it's a lot of mucking about each time - manifold off etc.
The car's just done 78,000k's and as I said the plugs were already replaced to supposedly fix it.. :bang:

Hey mate - I picked up a set of genuine Bosch coils (as standard on the VZ models) from this same seller on ebay: GENUINE HOLDEN COMMODORE VZ V6 BOSCH COILS 3.6L - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Nov-09 15:50:21 AEDST)

Mine was showing no error codes either - but was def the coils causing the problem. I have spoken to a holden mechanic who said they will need replacing eventually as it's a common problem on the VZ models.

My suggestion would be to pickup and install a full set of new coils. If it doesn't solve the problem you can always sell them on ebay and get your money back (almost). Pretty low risk IMO :thumbsup:

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Also - not sure about buying one coil and replacing them individually would be the best idea because you may have more than one causing the problem...

For example, I first replaced only three of mine (ones I could access without taking manifold off) - the car did drive better, but a small missfire was still there.

I then took the manifold off, replaced all 6 of them and it's just like brand new again.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Gee that's a top idea i might go back for another.. LOL did you come out like the cartoons all black faced spitting out smoke lol, oh god can i say black face ?:eek:.

i had to walk to the road LOL the smoke was burning my eyes and smelt so bad i cudnt go in my garage for like 10min lol, btw when u used the stuff did u notice how strong it smelt?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
SUEC! Awesome stuff. Used it on me e30 and was very impressed with the results, smoother running engine, better fuel economy, more responsiveness.

YouTube - BMW E30 318i Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner Treatment

Was actually suprising difficult to stall the car when I was spraying the stuff down the vac hose.

But yeah, let is sit for a few hours so it has a chance to work well, the above video was treatment can number 2, forgot to record the first go... :(

It was very smokey... lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
for the eco's i just take the plenum off and spray it down all the runners and let it sit, is it worth doing by a vac hose aswell? the one under the tb will that work?