Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diy Home-car Subwoofer

I

iplzher

I was just wondering if someone could help me, i want to make a home subwoofer with a car sub if you get me!! any way JAYCAR sell an amp that is 80WRMS and i have a sony xplode that is 350WRMS. Will it work whats your opinion!!!!

Thankz

krizko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
at home, i use a 12" vega that was from my VL. my stereo already has subwoofer output so it was easy for me. best thing you could do is, buy an amp from a home entertainment shop that has subwoofer channels.

E

ElMiNsT3r

lol yea how come u want that?? u wont even hear the 80 W sub over the 350 watt, no point the bass will just cancel out if ne thing reducing bass.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
If the impedences are matched then it will sound the same probably but if it is an 8 ohm sub which most are then the amp aint gonna make fark all power.

I

iplzher

(Misaprop) question is: why?
Well maybe i want some kick ass bass on my home stereo ever think of that!!!
Any way thankz people for your help

I

iplzher

ElMiNsT3r said:
lol yea how come u want that?? u wont even hear the 80 W sub over the 350 watt, no point the bass will just cancel out if ne thing reducing bass.

Im not sure what u mean man.
I have a home stereo with no sub atm and i want to add a sub. The sub i have is a dual coil 4ohms each so in total 8ohms. JAYCAR sell an amp that is 80wrms. i want to no if it will sound shitty or not.

holden_nut05

Reaction score
it will sound fine unless u got sum huge ass speakrs and no i wouldnt ru the car amp unless u want a car batery or a inverotr lying around for the 12 volt power input needed

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
You could use a computer power supp to provide the 12V power.