Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY list help please

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
new development...engine light came on 2 days ago and just after it illuminates, revs die right down or car dies. Also has a coolant leak on drivers side which my bloke had a look at and reckons water pump? I am confused as the car runs cool and the coolant tank is still full. Taking it to local mechanic Wednesday so hope it isn't too much bad news

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What colour isn't liquid? How much does it drop?

Infant or behind the engine?

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
update us ---after the mechanic puts his head under the bonnet

Last edited:

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
My son bought the car, he needed money, I needed a work car. Who really know if it was a druggos car or not? Coolant is red and appears to be dripping from the water pump.Puddle is about dinner plate size but level says still full.

Last edited:

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Mechanic said supply and fit new clockspring $300 and waterpump is on the way out. Easier to fit new steering wheel or clockspring?..engine light back on

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
mechanic came up with codes as follows:21=driver airbag circuit resistance too high
69:right hand pretensioner circuit too high
engine temp sensor needs replacing @$120
air bag right hand seat air bag fault $10 to $1000 depending
clock spring

Ideas , suggestions besides setting fire to it?

also, on the way home the engine light died and the car started surging and once I got home, stalled whilst reeking of exhaust

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
even more..just got stuck down main drag..RACV says 90 minutes so I keep trying to start it..finally get it going, surges in park for a while, with engine light coming on it runs ok but all bets off when it extinguishes, when the temp gauge will start to function normally??????????...also just noticed the fan is only on when the car is running ok. Rang the mechanic who says he has no idea why it should start doing this today(?)...could him checking codes force car's cpu(whatever it's called) to relearrn itself and act like this?