Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Djmenows 94 VR 5Ltr

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Holden Commodore VS Ute
Nice vr you got there the red goes well, think i got the same exhaust system and tip on mine for a 6 :p so your must be pretty loud then!

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Commodore Acclaim.
ChappyVS95

Nice vr you got there the red goes well, think i got the same exhaust system and tip on mine for a 6 :p so your must be pretty loud then!

Yes it certainly has a nice deep note to it being a V8. Really meaty and loudness to it. Love it but just need extractors to finish it off but wont be getting them for quite some time :(

From previous page but no responses yet so I thought I would repost.

In the period since the motor rebuild top and bottom (208k) and where it is now (242k), my sump is leaking, it looks like it had been dented and someone welded a piece to make it look nice and new. So I replaced the sump plug and washer to a genuine one. Still leaks.

Had the belts changed today and got a quote to replace the sump.

I have read the sump stuff on this board but he suggests a new one being put on. Ok I said doesnt he just have to raise the motor and change it but he said to do it properly the motor needs to be taken out and turned over to properly clean the area. Also it will mean the gasket will be able to be put on perfect and the sump as well.
His price to take the motor out and to do that (including sump, oil, gasket, wheel alignment as you have to drop the suspension) is $1000. Is that an over the top price? To me reading the other stuff on this board it sounds like alot of unnecessary stuff to do but I want the job done properly.

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well had the power steering pump replaced today with a nice new reconditioned one. No more leaks:) This mechanic seems to think the oil leak from the sump is not as bad as when the other mechanic says. He is going to wait a couple of days since he washed the bottom of the motor today to get rid of all the power steering oil ****. I am hoping he comes back with good news.

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im thinking of upgrading my VR to a 2007/2008 VE in the next few weeks so if anyone is interested Im thinking of putting my VR on the market.

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Take a look in the next week in the For Sale section as I will be putting my VR on the market for around the $6k mark.