Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DM's VR 4.2 Stroker Twin Turbo V6 - Big pics!

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
DM's VR 4.2 TT V6 M5

Well, I've been on this site for ages, and thought I better finally get around to posting this stupid thing up.

It started off as a stock maroon automatic VR V6 when I bought it two years ago, since then, it's been through a whole lot of changes.
Straight after I bought it, I had it resprayed in VX silver (I don't know the proper name), with a touch of bluey-purple in the clear, as I hated the original maroon.
I also threw in a stereo and Xbox setup.

carside.jpg

SV300045.jpg

SV300022.jpg

That was all well and good, but naturally I wanted to go a bit lower, and whack some wheels on it. But being the insane bastard that I am, I went nuts, throwing in some Pedders Ultra Low fronts, and resetting some Pedders ultra low rears 3". Handled great, got defected a lot, and hurt like hell to drive in.

vrclean002noreg.jpg

vrclean006.jpg

vrclean001.jpg

SV300060.jpg

After doing the usual mods (S/C VS CAI, 2 1/2 exhaust, clear indicators etc) I decided I was after a bit more power. So I got a Crow Stage 2 cam and chip package. This was nice, didn't feel a whole lot quicker or anything, just a much nicer note in the exhaust.
So after I decided I wanted to go even faster again, I began the operation of converting to manual and installing a CRS supercharger kit.

SV300475.jpg

SV300476.jpg

SV300477.jpg

SV300068.jpg

ffa9c073.jpg

SV300097.jpg

Had some fun with that, upgraded to the higher boost pulley, etc etc. Then disaster struck, the SC-14 gave way, and threw teflon into the motor, jamming up the valve seats.

By this point I'd been working as a mechanic/engine builder for a bit, so I went all out nuts. The cars not completely finished at this stage (It's very close) but this is how it stands:

Model: 94 Holden VR V6 Commodore
Engine: Buick EV6
Go fast Mods:
Ported and polished heads, running V8 valves and forged valve seats, heavy duty valve springs. Yes, standard cast iron heads, to all you people who seem to want to run out and buy alloy ones..
Custom grind Wade boost cam
Twin T3/4 turbos, turbonetics BOV
600x300x100 front mount intercooler
Wiseco forged pistons, SCAT H beam GN connecting rods, Bradey 4.2L stroker crank (I should have bought a COME one). ARP bolts, ACL bearings and rings.
MSD coils with 10mm leads
Bosch 044 fuel pump
Twin 2.5" exhausts from turbo back into single 3", but will be changing to twin 3" asap.

Slow down Mods:
VT GTS brake booster
VT Twin piston calipers
Braided lines
1" Fast fill master cylinder

Wheels & Suspension:
Custom coilovers, and 20"'s as soon as I find a set I really like.

Interior:
4 seater, using VR exec seats. Silver sprayed plastics, VY SS black leather shifter boot with silver stitching.

Stereo:
XBox and 7.5" screen, two 12" Jaycar subs, two Jaycar amps, and 4 Jaycar 6.5 speakers. (I got stingy with sound gear :yeah: )

Gearbox:
Standard T5 (If someone knows anybody that can build stronger T5's, PM me) with a PBR heavy duty clutch, and a lightened flywheel.

Diff:
4.11 LSD for road use.
3.45 Spool for dorifto.

SV300239.jpg

Picture1484.jpg

SV300102smallnoreg.jpg

Sorry about the size/age of most of the pics. If anyone has any questions about anything I've done, I'm more than happy to answer them.
And there are no bay pics because Interweb cops/EPA scare me :thumbsup:
(I'm more than happy to show people at show and shines/cruises however)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
looks good mate. would love to see it in the flesh one day.

curious, the v8 valves, how much bigger are they than the stock ones and could i get part numbers at all? are they the same length as the v6 ones?

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Nice! how long did it take to paint it, im assuming you took the engine out and done the inside to, curious as ive always wanted to respray my car. Good work on the car by the way.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
very nice , luv the turbo setup,and silver paint,something different,good on ya for the challange,got some 1/4 mile times and interior pics?

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
i cant see any pics of a twin turbo setup?

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
yer me 2 i see a Toyota supercharger mounted on the side?

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Ah oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh