Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do 20" mags fit on my VT?

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
Hi I've got a friend who wants to sell me his brothers mag wheels for $900. I can get them now and pay later. But will they fit? I've seen comments some that say they scratch the guards. And some said like one that "I have 20"s on my VT".

My friend told me they are for my car. Either said they're for a commodore or they're for the VT I think he said they're for a VT. So yeh.

Do any at all - 5 wheel nut rims/mags/tyres fit on respective no. of nut/s car/s? Or not? Should I get 20"s or 18"s to save from having issues of rubbing which I do not want. Thanks in advance.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Comes down to the width, offset and tyre spec. Got any more info? 20's on a VT are likely going to need a guard roll

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
Not right now no. But tommorow I will. I see so the width spec and offset huh? I don't think I'll buy them. I'll get 18s. Is 18 okay?

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
18's work good.

Ve sv6/ss wheels fit ok with 235/40.

You can also buy the correct tyre placard of ebay to keep it legal too for about $20.

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-122532.png
    Screenshot_20210127-122532.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 106

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
$900 for second hand rims is pretty steep anyway, unless they are genuine HSV's or something.

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
$900 for second hand rims is pretty steep anyway, unless they are genuine HSV's or something.
Yeh initially he said I've got rims for this for you. But I asked him to sell them to me and he then said $900. Initially they would have been for free but I didn't want a freebie like that as if he feels sorry for me. Cos I just got a car again. Than he noticed and says I'll get the rims off my brother for you to have. I don't want to feel like a charity. But anyway money isn't that much of a big problem for me ide rather pay for something too. I don't like people feeling sorry for me. Ahhkgh what do you think about those rims.

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
This is my car now since last week Thursday. I've had it like this for 7 days. A tiny bit if scratching little noisy on right turns but just a bit. I've seen / heard heaps of people with rim scratching cars. So here it is. Next I'm getting a low KMs engine in it. Something almost new from a car that's been smashed and an engine that's been needing to get sold for a while, sitting around for a while. I'll shop around at strip shops if Hume Auto Wreckers (George) doesn't have one. And then a same colour no sanding done paint job. And no exhaust but I'll put it a muffler. And finally a bunch of accessories fakes or the real thing :) thanks for allllll oofff tthhee hheellpp gguuyysss!!

I highly highly recommend you get 20" mags and to get them from Highway Tyre Plus whatever the cost. The difference is truly huge. I owe him $50. The wheels as they were before seeing the owner of HIGHWAY TYRE PLUS were down from $450 to $375 and I was gonna ask to have them for $350 on the day I told him I'll be there. But he told me the two back tyres are fine but the two front ones need to be thinner or they'll contact. So he didn't have used ones he said lucky I have new ones even and replaced with brand new ones the two fronts. So I paid $450 like usual he said "for you". Sweet as? Next a just like new engine no super charge or turbos. Just octane fuel and the times that I want to race. Go out on a brisk night weekdays after 2am to st Kilda road swaying starting from the Brighton servo and rod it until balaclava station. Get a pizza and not crash. No suspension even though I need it. It's not quite dead just yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-014700.png
    Screenshot_20210204-014700.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20210204-014642.png
    Screenshot_20210204-014642.png
    557.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

YEA.355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 355, VP BERLINA, KENWORTH 408
I've got 20s on my vt, 8.5 wide and lowered on coilovers tucking rears
I had to roll all 4 guards and set the coilovers to hard so that it won't scrub when I floor it,
So far so good