Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do certain colour combos attract a premium?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I will be selling Calais soon, and when buying it found my combo very rare.

It has the black paint with titanium (cream leather) interior.

I am thinking in a calais this combo would be sought after?

Any ideas what I might get for it privately?

It is good condition, 60,000 kms, tasteful mods of headers, catback, 20 inch billet alloys, upgraded rotors and suspension. (I realise mods typically detract from resale - exhaust note very mild, and suspension still rides soft)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think the white interior might turn some buyers off, which I also think is the reason there aren't many around (original buyers worrying about dirt). Black paint is the same, plenty of people will say "oh however can you keep it clean?!" or "it must get so hot in Summer!" (when in reality white & black are the same for max interior temps & only a few minute's difference in getting there if parked in the sun all day).
I think prices on CarSales, regardless of interior, will be a reasonable guide for you - and then cross your fingers that you've got the only one with the white interior on the market at the exact time when two buyers are specifically looking for one. :)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Conservative colour schemes are easier to sell in a general market, in your face colours will eventually attract collectors.

I had a white interior in my Calais and never found it hard to keep clean but there were some ground rules, no filthy dirty shoes, no black shoe polish and no eating.

The carpet in my car was also white or light urban as it was called.

And I made sure to clean it regularly (every week) so marks were easy to deal with.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
As panhead said same with mods will attract certain buyers buy may push more of the market away.

Same with houses presentation and first impression is everything and appealing to the largest crowd.

If your lower ks, better presented, service history, perfect Nick and proper mods you can charge a premium over the average.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
FYI: Lighter colored cars cost less to insure.
I've never paid more or less due to car colour.
I've seen people claim this before, maybe it's just not relevant in Australia?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Red coloured cars go faster.

It is actually true that red wave length travels the fastest in the light spectrum , so you will see a red car quicker than a blue one the slowest in the spectrum , :p

Last edited: