Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do HID's work in VL's?

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
G'day guys, i've been wanting to brighten up the front end of my vl and was wondering if anyone is running HID's and if they run too hot for the light housing? Just worried the plasticky body might not like the heat.

Thanks, jason

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
HID's run cooler than normal lights it the UV that damages the plastic head lights so you shouldn't have any dramas with the glass VL headlights, but if they are anything like the ones in the VS Statesman that I'm driving now (blue in color) they pretty average unless you get the white ones. As always they are illegal so beware.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I think you should be alright with them, I have seen a few VL's with HID's, but yeah they are illegal so use at your own risk. Nah they won't melt the housing.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

mad_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Yup they deffinetly work.
They work that well i got defected for them right before christmas.
my fault, i didnt have them tilted down towards the ground.

there deffinetly going back in though,. make sure you get white ones and not blue.

only pic i have of mine at the moment, middle of the day in sun. there going back in very soon.

rsrfrc.jpg

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i've used them before, it was just in a suzuki vitara they have pretty thick glass lens, so i wasnt worried about distortion or anything, i just remember the driving lights being really hot.
in response to axemurderer, its a way for them to make an easy buck, every h4 or h4-3 kit is the same, just worth $10 more if you stick 'vb-vl' on it haha.