Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do i have to change my supersports rims to drop HSV Brakes on

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
i have 20" Supersports. am thinking of dropping HSV Brakes onto it. or can anyone recommend what brakes would be the best. . the standard brakes don't seem to pull up that well even with new pads. so i i do have to change wheel was thinking of dropping on Pentagons seen a few hsv with them. look good. thought it would look good on mine.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• small_DSCN0055.JPG
    small_DSCN0055.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 5,973
  • pentas.jpg
    pentas.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4,572
  • ve senator spoiler 2.jpg
    ve senator spoiler 2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5,996
  • small_DSCN0058.JPG
    small_DSCN0058.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 8,527

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
I think Walky do brakes that fit underneath the standard wheels but I dont know the price, would imagine they would cost a bit tho

Here u go no price listed tho

http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/au/products/default.asp?content=ve&id=15

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
I would think that they'll fit seeing as I told the 18inch SS wheels fit over the rear HSV brakes

The rears might but I still don't think the hsv fronts will fit the super sports. I think they might be different offset or something then the hsv wheels. But I'm sure someone on here can give u a more correct answer

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Wakinshaw do this as said but why would you go and pay double to "WANKISHAW" when almost all Holden tunres can do brakes, Harrop & PBR do them as well.... shite even Pedders will do HSV AP / Brembo brake upgrades @ 2/3rds the cost of having done at fricken rippoff Wankishaws.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Brembos or HSV (AP) wont fit under your wheels, so if you want to keep your wheels youll need to get something like Harrop which are expensive, if you dont mind changing wheels then the redline brembos are 1600 or 2nd hand HSVs are 2000-2500...
so youre pretty much gonna be out of pocket a fair bit with either choice

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
The rears might but I still don't think the hsv fronts will fit the super sports. I think they might be different offset or something then the hsv wheels. But I'm sure someone on here can give u a more correct answer

HSV wheels 36p front and 56p rear, there's a 09 VE clubsport stinding on 18's all round on HSV brakes so I can't see the issue's.

If there Supersport wheels are 36p there shouldn't be an issue.

Could always just do the brembo upgrade I was reading on here a guy with a black SS sedan done the up-grade for $1600

Brembos or HSV (AP) wont fit under your wheels, so if you want to keep your wheels youll need to get something like Harrop which are expensive, if you dont mind changing wheels then the redline brembos are 1600 or 2nd hand HSVs are 2000-2500...
so youre pretty much gonna be out of pocket a fair bit with either choice

Just noticed this so maybe im worng try asking a HSV rep

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I got quoted for a set of 18" wheels for track day use, so I wouldn't think there would be a issue unless it's to do with offset and mine runs the AP Racing brakes.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
i repeat, HSV AND redline brembos will not fit behind supersports full stop... each Holden wheel is slightly different, its the clearance between the face of the caliper and the wheel spokes thats the killer, so even if you calculate its offset and think it will fit, you could be disappointed!

HavocNT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60th Anniversary
Coming from Subarus. It is the same. It does not matter about offsets.

It all comes down to the design of the spokes and how much clearance there is behind them.

I am looking at a set of Alcon brakes in the future and will have the same problem.