Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do I need another amp?

Nodderz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE
Hey guys, I have bought a 4 channel pioneer amp for my ute, and I want to use it for my 2 speakers, 2 tweeters and my subwoofer. Am I able to? If so what output does it go to? Thanks in advance.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
there's literally hundreds of 4 channel pioneer amps, your going to have to give more details than that ie. Model numbers if anyone will have a chance at helping you..

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
tweeters n speakers will be on the same channel
1 for left, 1 for right
and the remaining 2 channels for the sub

Nodderz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE
Here is the amp Pioneer GM-D8604, would my subwoofer go into the RCA Output ?
2njijol.jpg

1z6gyop.jpg

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Ok, you would use channel 1 and two for your speakers and tweeters, because I'm guessing you're running passive (they have a crossover included). You can then bridge 3+4 to be a single channel for your sub. Whether this amp will suit your speakers will depend on their power handling specs. If you let us know the model of speakers, we can tell you if the amp will power them happily. I would also suggest getting someone who knows a bit about installs to help if you're not sure. You don't want to mess up electrics in a vehicle. Can be costly to fix, AND dangerous.