Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do the 2.5” cat back sports system in Mild steel sound good got it booked in for next Thursday

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
To be booked in to be installed in my vx berlina. Do they sounds deep and growl with a nice note ? Like this?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Whether someone likes the sound of an exhaust system comes down to their own personal taste
While some people will like it and think the exhaust in that video sounds great, others will hate it and think that it sounds like crap

If you're going to get a catback exhaust make sure it has a centre muffler and a rear resonator
It will still be louder than the stock exhaust system but it won't be stupidly loud and attract attention

I put a Redback catback on my missus VY V6 ute a couple of weeks after we bought it
It's been on for over 5 years now and have never had an issue with it or been hassled by the cops
It's a 2-1/2" system with a front muffler and a rear resonator

In regards to the youtube video:
There is no rear resonator on that exhaust system, that's why it sounds so loud
While it may sound alright sitting there just revving the crap out of the engine, when cruising along it will make that typical V6 hum sound that you hear in the video at 23-25 seconds, and I guarantee that it will drone to some extent
When under acceleration it's just going to be obnoxiously loud and piss the neighbours off in your street, and it will most definitely catch the attention of any cops that are close by....and you will get defected for sure
It's actually quite surprising how far away you can hear an exhaust system setup like this

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Whether someone likes the sound of an exhaust system comes down to their own personal taste
While some people will like it and think the exhaust in that video sounds great, others will hate it and think that it sounds like crap

If you're going to get a catback exhaust make sure it has a centre muffler and a rear resonator
It will still be louder than the stock exhaust system but it won't be stupidly loud and attract attention

I put a Redback catback on my missus VY V6 ute a couple of weeks after we bought it
It's been on for over 5 years now and have never had an issue with it or been hassled by the cops
It's a 2-1/2" system with a front muffler and a rear resonator

In regards to the youtube video:
There is no rear resonator on that exhaust system, that's why it sounds so loud
While it may sound alright sitting there just revving the crap out of the engine, when cruising along it will make that typical V6 hum sound that you hear in the video at 23-25 seconds, and I guarantee that it will drone to some extent
When under acceleration it's just going to be obnoxiously loud and piss the neighbours off in your street, and it will most definitely catch the attention of any cops that are close by....and you will get defected for sure
It's actually quite surprising how far away you can hear an exhaust system setup like this
So I asked the bloke before booking in I want a system that makes the car sound deep when I start and if I'm driving and put the foot down I want to hear a growly deep not he said the
2.5” cat back sports system in Mild steel is the one for me he said it has a nice note it cost $390 then plus tip so maybe 500 but with the
2.5” cat back sports system in Mild steel what in it ? Do u know

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Just ring him and ask him if the system has a rear resonator or not
And without resonator it will sound like the video car ay man so I asked he said it was but I got it changed and the redback no resonator system would be like the guys in the video right?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ecotec with 2.5" and no resonator = drone..... At least you will have "mang". Can never get enough mang....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: