Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do vr vs front seats bolt straight into a vk

bMcgrath84

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman, vn ss
as title says

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah mate, they do with some mucking around. See this thread on oldholden.com because i asked the same thing their and their is alot of details of how to do it.
Swapping Seats in vt into a vn | OldHolden.com
also not sure on the legal side, in victoria it would have to be engineered, unless u whack on a seat cover and hope to god no-one dies whilst driving your car, caus u will be in deep **** then.

Cheers Tom

Com_VC

Reaction score
thats a bad way to do vn-vs seats in an vb-vk

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
attaching the seats to the vk rails.

Com_VC

Reaction score
not quite.

The rails unbolt from VN-VS seats. VB-VL series 1 didn't. VL series 2 unbolt the same as VN-VS.

I think for the drivers seat you need to unbolt the left hand side rail and bolt a vl series 2left hand side rail on instead.

With the passenger seat you just need to add a foot to it and maybe a couple of spacers.

So yeah it's all legal that way as no cutting/welding/drilling etc is involved.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Ok Thanks for clearing that up. Allways handy to know different ways to do one job. The original way of drilling and bracing is so simple but paying for the piece of paper to say its safe is so expensive and out ways the benefits of the seats in my opinion.

Cheers Tom

Com_VC

Reaction score
VT onwards are different though. The front two holes line up but the rear need the brackets cut off and some angle welded on and the floor redrilled etc.

TOYGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own a vb or gemini
not quite.

The rails unbolt from VN-VS seats. VB-VL series 1 didn't. VL series 2 unbolt the same as VN-VS.

I think for the drivers seat you need to unbolt the left hand side rail and bolt a vl series 2left hand side rail on instead.

With the passenger seat you just need to add a foot to it and maybe a couple of spacers.

So yeah it's all legal that way as no cutting/welding/drilling etc is involved.

your not rite there buddy we did my bross vl he has a series one vl and we changed his seats rails took it off and chuked it on the vc sle seatsmda vb-vl series one seat rails do come off :p