Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you DIY??

Do YOU DIY?

• I DIY EVERYTHING!

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I DIY Most things except the most significant

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I DIY things that won't result in taking the bus if I get it wrong

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I DIY refilling my wiper bottle

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
G

GMVBSLE

I do most stuff myself. I'm pretty vague on electrical so my old man is always good for advice. He's a mechanic and has been there and done that with most stuff. He was always there to help if I stuffed something up when I was younger. He's not much good on later injected stuff (computers) so I ask around and read up on things I don't know. My Gregory's is worth it's weight in gold sometimes.
The only thing I don't do is Change tyres on rims and I don't think I would have a go at rebuilding an auto gearbox or upholster a seat.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I've done little things like adjust the handbrake, removed the entire interior trim and put it back in, installed an amp (and got it right first go, I was so stoked!) installed a boot solenoid. Nothing major or mechanical or anything that I can recall although I've changed the oil once. Pretty much all the major work that gets done to my car gets done when my car gets serviced by the mechanic.

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
Me and my boyfriend do pretty much everything to our cars. Well there's never been anything major with mine, but we're constantly working on his Torana, The only thing we haven't done oursevles is when he needed something machined

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I used to do the lot myself with the exception of auto tranny rebuilds (never could get my head around how they work). These days I have company cars which I wash every week or so :)

Reaper