Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do You Think Cyclists Belong On The Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
just a quick info note if you didnt realise but all competing cyclist that is registered with a cycling club and race pay up to $260 for a racing license plus club fees which is anywhere from 20 - 50 dollars....having been a full time rider for a few years myself i can agree from both sides of the fence...some riders deserve to go under a truck to teach them that they dont own the road but i would have loved a dollar ever time a dumb driver almost took me out...government really needs to look at bicycle lanes and tracks like they have inn europe if really are serious about it...all i can say is that ive been cleaned up at 5kmh and also at 60kph and i can tell you that cars are friggen hard and hurt no matter what...

So people who pay for a CAMS license shouldn't have to pay to register their cars, right?

/lolz

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
you pay rego for your car because you choose to drive it on the road
if you don't want to pay rego, either catch public transport, walk or ride a pushbike. Everyone has the option. But most people are too lazy to ride a pushbike, in which case they pay to drive their car on the road.

And bike riders CHOOSE to ride there bikes on the road also....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
public transport
so do you ride a bike for shorter trips ?

you're talking about people being 'lazy' then you say 'public transport' that would be even more lazy having someone drive you to work..

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Not to mention public transport is so damn unreliable and full of smelly stinking people thats been sweating all day at work and your pretty much stuck up against there body… Then add all the dumb ass school kids screaming the train/bus down..

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
and i dont like public transport because i dont feel like gettin shiv'd anytime soon

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
what this says to me is. Australia always seems to reinvent the wheel.

why not take the German roadway design and Laws.
the Japanese Train system. (yes ive been there and used it, and they dont need any fancy smart card system)
and then Holland/Belgium/(other Europe countries) Bike system.

although one thing id love to see. is those who break the law get a massive penalty for doing so.
as right now there seems to be no deterrant when doing anything wrong.
maybe if the penalties were in place and "enforced" the rogue version of cyclists wouldnt be riding as they do.
and the 99% of other riders wouldnt be getting a bad name out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.