Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dodgey mechanics

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
P.s. sircruisealot, whos the mechanic that you use/trust?

i stubled upon my current mechanic after getting pissed off with everyone else i tryed, i was just driving along, saw the place and thought, hell ill see how they go....and havent looked back. they're awesome, ive had tons of work done there - including my engine rebuild.
we get along so good now i dont even pay when i pick up my car, cliff just tells me to give him a call in a few days once he's sorted out my bill.
its logan city automotive on monte street (just off moss st) in slacks creek, the guy who runs the place is called Cliff.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
took my car to kmart tyre and auto for free safety inspection, 2 days later, driving, no brakes, slowed down with hand brake, apon inspection found they had put brake fluid rubber seal in bodgey and all my brake fluid pissed out over next 2 days, just as well i was driving and not the mrs, could of cost me a pretty penny to repair the car in front that would have stopped her. called em up and had a go at em, but couldnt say too much coz it was free, but lesson to be learnt, make sure the mrs knows what to do if brakes fail...lol....and inspect anything that has been touched by any mechanic, just for safety sake.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
i stubled upon my current mechanic after getting pissed off with everyone else i tryed, i was just driving along, saw the place and thought, hell ill see how they go....and havent looked back. they're awesome, ive had tons of work done there - including my engine rebuild.
we get along so good now i dont even pay when i pick up my car, cliff just tells me to give him a call in a few days once he's sorted out my bill.
its logan city automotive on monte street (just off moss st) in slacks creek, the guy who runs the place is called Cliff.

:thumbsup: i'll give him a call next time i need something. Long way out of my way, i'm on the northside, but might be worth the trip.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
I've a lot of crap with the sundell holden service centre in chatswood,sydney.Starting from the time i bought the car.For 3 months (due to warrenty,which was meant to 3 years until the day i picked it up,they made a mistake im told) i took my car to them so problems could be fixed,2 things they did were actually good,replace my front shocks and water pump. Yet i still have a coolent leak,belt sweaks,climate control problems and the fuel pump **** itself,which i replaced myself(with help from my mate).The last time i took my car to them,i picked it up and drove it straight to newcastle and when i got i checked it for the coolent leak which was still there and i found a screw driver,about 1.5 feet long in the engine bay,had it been grabbed by a belt(a/c belt just 2in from it) my car would have been in trouble. Never again will my car go to them,my needs a service now(first since i've had it) and im doing it myself,to hell with sundell holden

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim

Thanks mate, its a bit out of the way for me too, but if I want some serious work done, ill keep him in mind.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
my brakes are grinding after 3 months. paid top dollar, NOWHERE near 5000k.

my mechanic also tied my replaced heater tap and lower hose to the engine bay with a cable tie.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
repco in whelshpool perth is dodgy, aircond clutch was ****ing up so i took it there cause they were the best quote i could get. 750 for a fitted air compressor . dropped it off and picked it up later that day. ends up charging me 850 being an insecure 17 year old i ignored it. the next day the aircond stopped working took it back he goes oh its leaked out all the gas. 'i will fix it' and the wanker charged me for his mistake.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Had a mechanic put a tail shaft on the car one day. Drove home and the battery started dying when I had the lights on and used the indicators. I knew it was no doubt something wrong with the charging. The next day I looked around to find the problem and after an hour I found the alternator regulator plug not put on properly. Why did these mechanics even touch anything to do with the motor if all they were supposed to do was put a tail shaft on?
Had another mechanic last year replace my rear wheel brake cylinders on my old car. Drove home and they blew out and caused half the braking to be stuffed. Went back and they replaced them again. But oh yeah, of course they test drove the car after putting them in. Gah. Bullcrap.

These reasons and all the above is why I never go to mechanics anymore.

d5t2888

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 V6VS EXEC series 2
sircruisealotVS, if the place still business why couldnt you mentioned the store so everyone can stay the fudge away from it. I'd hate to cruise in there and being screwed a lot because of my VS....hehe

Cheers

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The lesson here is ask on this site if youre not sure and get a mate to help you ...as long as its not a total rebuild , you learn and never fall into the hands of any bodgy bros mechanics and at the end of the day the cartons all gone and the jobs done.