Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dodgy Holden Dealers

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Is it just me or are most county Holden dealers dodgy. I Purchased my VR from Spencer Motors in Pt. Pirie and had it written in the contract that the breaks would be 100% legal with new pads, break lines and anything else that it needed, the car also had a slight pull to the left so that was also going to be sorted out before the car left the shop (free of charge) new oil, coolant ect. by the time that the reconditioned steering rack, steering column, new ball joints and break pads were installed the car seemed fine, but these free parts cost a fortune (meant to be free) fortunately the labor was free. the day before I went to pick it up I got a phone call, I was told that they found a hole in the ABS Master Cylinder and that it would be a few more day until I could pick it up which was ok because it was not going to cost me anything. When I returned home to Pt. Augusta I took the car to Hayes Augusta Motor Company for a three hundred dolor service. Hayes told me that my break pads and rotors were illegal and that the oil and coolant had not been done, they also 'cleaned the radiator out' but they just charged me for that. Today I took my car in to get the rotor and pads done, and I was told that I needed a 'new' radiator, I said ok, go for it put a 'new' one in. when I finally got my car back the remote central locking system did not work, neither did the new key I ordered that was also missing the boot popper on the key which I was told was going to be on it when i ordered it, and the key would not manually open my doors or boot. After finding that out i thought that i better check the radiator out and I come to find that it a reconditioned one, so i checked my invoice and it is clearly marked that I played for a new one, and the top all of that off there wasn’t enough coolant in it. :bang: neither of these dealers will be getting my buisiness again

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
they just denie it, and there is nothin that i can really do except take my buisness elsewhere

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
If you have clear evidence (ie old brakes worn and not replaced) i'd escalate it with the service manger or dealership manager, because you have clearly paid for something you haven't got. That in my books is illegal and very shonky.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
ive already talked to both the owners and got nowhere, im goin to try and take it further tho

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Troy711 said:
id talk to the department of fair trading. sounds like you are getting screwed
Agreed, Dept of fair trading will usually only look into it once you have taken all possible steps yourself to resolve it. On the otherhand (not saying it applied to this situation) if its plain criminal and negligent then you'd be better off contacting a solicitor or the police.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
if you still have copies of all documentation stating that you were promised new pads, discs... whatever else it was then i cant see you having a problem. hopefully you have kept all receipts (which should be dated) and it will show that you were not given what you were legal entitled to.

DFT are more then happy to screw people over :thumbsup: haha

A

Andre's SS

Dealer are asses.

THey just want ya money then screw ya and lie!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
if they issued a RWC for a car that isn't roadworthy, i'd be complaining to Transport SA.