Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does 12 month warranty cover injectors?

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Sorry gentlemen (and ladies - not likely) but was not sure exactly who else to ask.

Its not a commodore, though my sister purchased a second hand Holden barina in March, with a 12 month warranty. The car has had all sorts of problems, and now the seller has informed her that there is 'something' wrong with the fuel injection?

Either way, according to the warranty booklet

12 month warranty

Egine block (if damaged by internal components), oil pump, pistons, piston rings, crankshaft and meshing timing gears, crankshaft, bearing and camshaft bearings, cylinder wrist pins, camshaft and camshaft gears, interal bushings, connecting rods, balance shaft and bearings
(Cylinder head gadskets are only covered when repairs are carried out on the components listed in this subsection)

How am I able to figure out whether or or not fuel injectors are covered?

The salesman says he will only cover $150 of the total cost? Does that mean that he recognises that its covered by warranty and hes trying to pull a ninja throw off, or is he being honest?

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
The injectors will only cost $150 at the most for that car,so what he is saying is that he will cover the cost for them but you will have to pay for the labour cost for them to be put in.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
The injectors will only cost $150 at the most for that car,so what he is saying is that he will cover the cost for them but you will have to pay for the labour cost for them to be put in.

He is saying its going to cost a couple hundred dollars to repair/replace the fuel injectors - and hes saying that it isnt covered by the 12 month warranty and that he wants to reword the agreement/warranty and he'll cover up to $150

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
So then you only need to pay $50?

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Second hand warranty's are not worth the piece of paper they are written on.
Can the car be taken to a second mechanic for an inspection?