Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does a vz have a fuel pressure regulator?

Gaz6ix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
i have no fuel pressure and the car trys to start but doesn’t. Dont wanna go out of my way trying to change the pump so im going to do the fuel filter and pressure regulator but ive got no clue where it is. Any help or other suggestions?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
V6 or V8?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
its prob on the side of the pump module in the tank
V8 one is, which is why I asked. Not sure about V6, but I dare say you're probably correct. @Fu Manchu might know for sure.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea just checked and the VZ LY7 or LEO both have same reg on side of module, OE looks like its no longer available or expensive, but for no fuel pressure at all id prob look at the pump, even check fuse encase its blown, if a reg goes u still usually get fuel either too much or not regulated

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the pump still feeds the fuel line to the rail just once thats up to pressure the reg allows it out back into the tank to regulate the pressure in the rail

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
i have no fuel pressure and the car trys to start but doesn’t. Dont wanna go out of my way trying to change the pump so im going to do the fuel filter and pressure regulator but ive got no clue where it is. Any help or other suggestions?
Both V6 and V8 have the same assembly and the regulator is in the tank as part of the pump.

The tank will need to be dropped and the pump removed.

Early VZ had an external filter. Later VZ had the filter as part of the pump assembly in the tank.

Yes, getting OE is impossible. There are kits which are worthwhile for the filter etc, but if you are concerned about the pump, buy another from a reputable brand and chuck away the cheap one that comes with the kit.