Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does any body know where to get vz parts...

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
As the title states. I'm not 100% sure if this has been asked yet as I just came home from the Holden dealership. but i was just wandering if anyone knows the going rate for a VZ executive coil pack, inlet manifold gasket and an oil pressure switch / sensor. The people at village motors quoted me $767 for parts and labour, and i understand a fair chunk of that price might be labour alone. But does this price sound right to anyone or should i shop around a bit?

thanks in advance
Shozzy

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
always shop around, try ebay and local mechanics, repco etc

STRIKE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo SV6
Repco wont have the gasket but would have the others.

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
$50-$60 for the inlet gaskets from Holden. Tridon have a part number listing for the OP sender if you don’t want to go genuine, check their website.

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if you know a single coil has failed, id replace the one, as your only wasting money if you buy a new set,

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
well i'd like to say that i'm mechanicaly minded... but im not a very good liar, in saying that how might one find out if it is just the one coil failing?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
well i'd like to say that i'm mechanicaly minded... but im not a very good liar, in saying that how might one find out if it is just the one coil failing?

whats the symptions of the car? and how did you come come to the conclusion it was a coil, the alloytec has 6 coils, 1 coil over each plug

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
whats the symptions of the car? and how did you come come to the conclusion it was a coil, the alloytec has 6 coils, 1 coil over each plug

well one day whilst driving home from work, the car just started idling crapily, which i am fairly sure is the motor misfiring from the sounds and feel of it, i was just thinking it was an o2 sensor as i'd been told that by a few people. but the "nice" people at village motors told me coil pack was screwed and needs replacing...:bang: