Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anybody have a ALDL scan tool for a VY ? Bendigo area

vyconfusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
G'day, just wondering if anybody in the Bendigo area has a ALDL scan tool that they could lend /hire to me to get a air bag code cleared? I am up to RWC time but I need to get this code cleared and if somebody could help me that would be great, Thanks :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have a Tech 2 in Sunbury if you can get here.

vyconfusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
Thanks Imoengr and Caaf problems fixed. The tech 2 does not work on a VY v6 as we tried and then found out that you need the aldl. It seems that a VY is 12 pin and the tech 2 is 16 pin and thus incompatible. I ended up getting the place where I am getting the RWC done to clear the codes and they only charged $33.00 to do it. Somebody turned the ignition on with the seats out and that's what threw the codes. 4 of them all air bag codes and now I am doing the final RWC repairs and hopefully this week I can get rego. Thanks again, Cheers vyconfusion. :)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Tech2 should come with adapters if a different plug is in the car, tech2 covers VS sIII-VE so they certainly are compatible.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Tech 2 has software from VT to VE, plus HSV and most of the Holden range over that time period.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
So confussledvy, got a pic of the VY with a 12 pin plug?
Seems the few I had a chance to look at today that rolled through the workshop had an OBD II style plug.
Maybe some wangnut cut n shut the wrong plug onto the car for some random unknown reason (trying to make a cheap OBD II scanner work perhaps).

As lmoengnr said, a tech2 with the AUS card will do pretty much any holden from 1998 - 2013, commodore, barina, cruze, rodeo.... and how ever many more.
If it has an import card in it (AKA clone tech2 from china without the AUS pcmcia) then it won't do much at all.

Last edited:

Dylan halloran

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx s
I have a Tech 2 in Sunbury if you can get here.
Hey I have an issue with my vx I put a tier 3 dash in it now it has a bunch of errors I live in bendigo but drive to Gisborne every Sunday would u be able to help me out if so give me a call on 0400910542

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey I have an issue with my vx I put a tier 3 dash in it now it has a bunch of errors I live in bendigo but drive to Gisborne every Sunday would u be able to help me out if so give me a call on 0400910542
Sorry, but my Tech 2 died... I've replaced it with a Vident ILink 400 with Holden software, but not sure if it will work with a VX.