Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

does anybody know a cheap hail damage fix

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
When i my VX got hit by Cricket ball sized hail 2 years back they did paint less dint repair, perfect job, cant even tell. From what i saw they used special buffer tools behind the panel and rubbed the dint out. Hate to think how much the repair was but also smashed my wind screen. Guys were called Aussie Hail and they travel the world for the hail seasons.

dairymilk

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sportwagon
Guys
Its very hard to get dent's out in a panel thats hard to get to each side, i.e. a & c pillars, what they will do is put a skim of bog over it then paint it, also unless the guy is really good at his job (most are not) you wiill get a wavy finish if you have to many dents in say a bonnet of a new model car, its hard to see but if you put under the correct light you can see,

Remeber when 1000's off cars get hail and everyone wants there cars fixed some short cuts come out

Cheers
Barnsey

Cheers
Barnsey

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
OP father has a ebay sucktion thing. i used it on my excel that literally dents when ppl lean on it (quality stuff them hyundais)
it made something bad look better thats all really took out a major dent but left lines and creases this said id probly go to a professional depending on what your car is worth. if its not insured then it might not be worth fixing.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
9 month old thread but i got a new bonnet so dents are fixed there, as for the roof ive learnt to live with them. dont want to waste the cash fixing something that would cost more than the cars worth.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Guys
Its very hard to get dent's out in a panel thats hard to get to each side, i.e. a & c pillars, what they will do is put a skim of bog over it then paint it, also unless the guy is really good at his job (most are not) you wiill get a wavy finish if you have to many dents in say a bonnet of a new model car, its hard to see but if you put under the correct light you can see,

Remeber when 1000's off cars get hail and everyone wants there cars fixed some short cuts come out

Not 100% true. Pillars are some of the more difficult dents for PDR, but a decent dent guy will still be able to get almost any hail sized dent out without needing filler or painting. Even then, any repairer who simply skims bog over hail dents won't be in the business much longer.
But yes, if you have many BIG dents on large panels, it can end up looking a little rippled. Hundreds of smaller dents should almost always come out fine though.
Not sure why you specify "new" cars either. A 2010 BMW or Merc will come up better than a Corolla or Tiida a few years old