Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

does anyone else have gas/petrol

S

SYM35

hey just wondering if anyone else has dual fuel (non ex taxi) and how does it perform

D

death-from-above

Works fine for me, i have an aftermarket Impco system.

J

jerome_boy

I've had a fair bit of trouble with the gas. It tends to backfire under load, and that can lead to all kinds of problems under the bonnet (eg blowing your air mass meter to pieces :( )
No matter how regularly you get your car tuned and serviced it still backfires. I'm pretty sure I've heard of other VS's having similar backfiring issues.

All things considered though, the gas is great at times like now, when petrol prices are through the roof :p

vsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
Yea i've had the a few little problems like jerome_boy with backfiring.
Turned out to be a gas leak, got that fixed and no dramas since...

Performance side of things? there is a noticable drop in power BUT nothing too dramatic.

I'm definately glad i have it with the petrol prices these days, and me being on a tight budget as most uni students are, i wouldnt be able to run my car without it :D

S

SYM35

annnnd what type of oil do you use do you have to get the lpg oil yer or can i use normal oils cheeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrssss

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Gas setups are better suited with Pod Filters instead of the stock air box setup, that will solve your backfiring problem.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
there is a good thread in teh VK section on this. pros and cons etc.

V

VS.080

gas is cool

samoht said:
hey just wondering if anyone else has dual fuel (non ex taxi) and how does it perform
I got a 5L duel fuel vs calais its goes quite well on gas, but this is due to taking the car to gas research once every six months and getting it tuned right those guys are the gods when it comes to gas.

L

lovemyholden

I added gas to my car (VS 1995) within 4 weeks of buying it. Have the gas side serviced regularly, and it hasn't skipped a beat. Awesome cars on gas. No backfiring problems, except when I had to replace the crank angle sensor, but that's not the gas systems fault.

If you get quotes, cheapest is not necessarily the best. Do your homework. But whatever you do, get gas!

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Yeah, my VR's on gas. Had a heap of backfiring problems, till I upgraded the plugs and leads, and haven't had a problem since.