Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

does dealer warranty cover battery?

djvsa

Reaction score
hello people

as i mentioned on this forum, i just bought a vu ss

the other nite i tried to start it and it started going nuts, called the RAA and they told me it was the BCM, the computer for some reason was confused, the fan was working at one stage even though car was off, and there was a strange noise, on the screen it was saying "serv error" bottom line is that the car wouldnt start and the fan was working, anyway the RAA guy told me the battery is on its way out, i just want to know if dealer warranty covers this as i am taking car in to get a few little things fixed up on monday, ive been told dealer warranty doesnt cover battery, any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it probably wont on a used car.
sounds like your BCM has locked up, disconnect the battery for a minute & see if it starts

Rob

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
how long ago did you buy it, just bought a vt and in qld they come with 3 months or 5000kms warranty. If the dealer didn't specify that the warranty doesnt cover battery's then they have to by law honour the statutory warranty.

djvsa

Reaction score
how long ago did you buy it, just bought a vt and in qld they come with 3 months or 5000kms warranty. If the dealer didn't specify that the warranty doesnt cover battery's then they have to by law honour the statutory warranty.

bought it two weeks ago mate

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
The battery probably isn't covered by the dealers warranty, but there will be a battery manufacturers warranty (Exide or whoever made it) any place that does free battery checks should be able to tell you when it was installed, or at least when it was made. Anything over two years old will be out of warranty

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
unless the dealer specified that battery's are not covered by warranty and given it in writing, it's there responsability. Its likely that it is the original battery so there won't be a manufactures warranty ( you may need a receipt for that anyway) by law the dealer will have to rectify it for you. wether they supply a new battery or take one from a vehicle that they have there. Its up to them how they choose to rectify, but its there responability.

djvsa

Reaction score
unless the dealer specified that battery's are not covered by warranty and given it in writing, it's there responsability. Its likely that it is the original battery so there won't be a manufactures warranty ( you may need a receipt for that anyway) by law the dealer will have to rectify it for you. wether they supply a new battery or take one from a vehicle that they have there. Its up to them how they choose to rectify, but its there responability.

thanks for that reply, the thing is that when the dealer was trying to sell me the car i was getting calls everyday, now that i have bought the car and i tried calling the salesmans number, they are not answering and whats even worse they wont even return my call! i dont mind that coz i expect it from car dealers, but do they really expect me to point people in their direction to buy a car? coz i certainly wont, ok lets say for example that they say they wont cover the battery and the warranty doesnt specify that the battery is not included, who do i go to get some action? consumer affairs? just trying to get this done coz communicating with them is just not happening

cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Call Consumer Affairs and they can tell you where you stand with the battery.