Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does seller have to provide rwc if car is registered wild

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
be9ypyqa.jpg

This is the add, would you presume with roady and reg?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
No it's changed in vic, you can sell a car with rego and no rwc.
The transfer papers have to be supplied to vicroads and they change the details to the new owner, the new owner then has 28 days to obtain a rwc, if a rwc isn't supplied within the time frame vicroads suspends/cancels the rego.

thanks for that-been out of vic for a while now,familys still there though

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
To me I'd assume it came with a roadworthy if it still has rego, I wouldn't sell a car with rego to a complete stranger and let them drive away without them being happy and able to go change it into their name quickly.

wonder if vicroads will update its website with that info.
couldn't find that info beforehand :s

basically stops people doing the dodgy.. you can't "suspend" rego anymore and most won't get a rwc to sell a cheap car, stops the new owner driving around getting the seller fines cause they're to lazy to change it over.

I'm sure you know someone that did a good deed to help someone out and sold a car with rego only to have the cops knock on the door or fines in the mail weeks/months later, nice and easy now, give em a couple of days and then take your copy of the transfer paper to vicroads and say it's no longer yours, if they try to do the dodgy they'll soon find out when they get pulled over in an unregistered vehicle.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I would presume no rwc and therefore no rego.

'currently has 6 months' is accurate now but probably won't be accurate when it's handed over. Clever wording. You could always ask to borrow the plates to get a RWC and then just drive it around in his name if he's foolish enough to give you the plates ;)

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Well I was the highest bidder at 2200 with rego but no safety cert. We agreed on 2500 with safety and 6 months rego.

All is well

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I have bought a couple of cars here in Victoria, without an RWC. I got the RWC myself before I did the transfer. Both cars were cheap and I got them even cheaper after I offered to get the roadworthy. Neither car required much work for the roadworthy, so I got a good deal on both. It is a risk though.