Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the left rear or right rear wear out quicker?

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
You know what I'm talking about. Over time you see that after 10,000km or whatever you have maybe 90% condition tyres on the front and maybe 60% on one rear and 40% on the other rear...

is it the left? or right?

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Depends how skilled you are with your single leggers lol,
If you do it right you should have them pretty even,,

On a serious note tho, i would of thought the wear would be pretty even with normal everyday driving

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Before I was converted to the church of the LSD my right rear wore out a bit faster.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Normal driving, you'll find they wear close enough to even. My last set lasted 60,000km and they all had to get replaced at the same time (Wheel rotation is a wonderful thing). I've got a toss pot mate whos RR lasted 8000km, so if you drive like a bat out of hell, it's the right tyre that wears quicker.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
The left rear might wear a tad quicker then the right due to it being more prone to hit potholes and ****?!

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
My last car - an AWD Liberty wore the lefts out first (directional tyres rotated front to back only), but that was mainly due the the bazzilion roundabouts where I live

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Do you have an open diff? My right wore out quicker on my vs because I booted it more turning right than left.

Havnt noticed any difference on my vy with an LSD though

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
You know what I'm talking about. Over time you see that after 10,000km or whatever you have maybe 90% condition tyres on the front and maybe 60% on one rear and 40% on the other rear...

is it the left? or right?

This was a question i asked at Murcots race craft driving course a few years back..
The answer is that in Aust we drive on the left side of the road and most of our driving is predominantly city type driving.

On the average city street turning left is a sharp turn which we do at a slower rate, But when turning right we do reasonable full on to complete the turn in heaver traffic conditions therefor a little traction is some times lost and tire ware is the result...

Zapp

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
I has LSD!

and strangely although my car is lowered so far the wear has been even. Left to right, no camber issues. But I do see a lot of 2nd hand tyres sets with 1 wheel with more wear.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have had my 2001 VX SS from new, I did around 50,000km on the original Bridgestones, I never rotated them or had them balanced, one because they were wearing extremely well and two just never got around to it, I replaced the 2 back ones first and the left rear was showing more wear than the right, not a huge difference but there was a tad more wear on the inner edge of the left tyre at 50,000km than the right.