Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

does this look bad to you ?

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
nah man its not on gas, never has been.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
acarmody; what should i be worried about with this ? its still miss firring! funk!

I wouldn't peg the misfiring down to the carbon build-up, though give it a clean if you have the plenum out, also clean the throttle body, will stop any throttle sticking problems.

Try swapping out the DFI module and coil packs for another one, just to test it.

Also is the missfire consistent or only happen at certain rev-range or under certain conditions. If consistent, try unplugging your injectors one-by-one to try and find the faulty cylinder if you can.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
its a weird one, i think its something to do with the ignition side of things because its under load where it drops shots, the higher the revs the more it does it. if i go around a corner to slow in 2nd it stalls some times at around 1500rpm. today i droped it into 3rd at 80 and it struggled a bit.

the coil packs look new and it has new plugs and leads, i wouldnt of thought the inlet manifold for it though, if it was missing at idle i would of picked that.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
its a weird one, i think its something to do with the ignition side of things because its under load where it drops shots, the higher the revs the more it does it. if i go around a corner to slow in 2nd it stalls some times at around 1500rpm. today i droped it into 3rd at 80 and it struggled a bit.

the coil packs look new and it has new plugs and leads, i wouldnt of thought the inlet manifold for it though, if it was missing at idle i would of picked that.

Hmm strange, still just because a coil pack looks new, doesn't mean its functioning properly.

How does your air filter look? Still nice and clean?

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
air filter is okay, i wouldnt say clean. and yeah i know, i was going to pull them off and check the terminals under the coil packs,

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Maybe try taking the air filter out and running it, just to eliminate it, just rev in in your garage or somewhere away from dirt and dust.

So does it do it when you are on the accelerator or when you let go off it, or all the time?

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
well it doesnt really miss at idle, or just revving it in N, its more in gear or taking off or speeding up. basically, some times if i go to take off it starts to move fine than drops a shot and almost stalls and i look like a retard who cant drive lol. or if i drop it down a gear or two to speed up fast it drops shots a fair bit there

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mainly under load? Man this is weird.

First try no air filter, and a new fuel filter. Then try a spare DFI module.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
yeah i know right, giving me the shits when i drive it.

fuel filter ? didnt even think of that one.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
yeah i know right, giving me the shits when i drive it.

fuel filter ? didnt even think of that one.

Change that, cheap and easy. Would cause a car to bugger around under load. Often overlooked with servicing.