Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does this look like a Good Deal ?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Odd that it is being sold unregistered, but they include registration details....maybe a typo.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Nice car - I test drove one and thought it was great. Red looks good if its your colour.
But need to check warranty - ad suggests only 3 year so perhaps 2 remaining...
If you look on carsales there are quite a few at Brighton Holden in Elsternwick (Melbourne) for $30k driveaway with 5 year warranty, so at least 4 remaining.
It would be a bit ore stuffing around, but to get an extra 2 years warranty I'd consider doing a deposit over the phone, flying to Melbourne ($300?), taxi to Elsternwick ($100), driving car back to Adelaide on a permit (say $700 including depreciation) and the registering it there. Should end up costing about the same but have 2 years more warranty...

Or, there seems to be a silver 2017 model complianced September 2018 that should have 5 years warranty in Adelaide. FACTORY warranty...

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Or this red one

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Commodore-2017/OAG-AD-16648516/?Cr=17

Note that there are three dates to consider:
- Build date of 2017 vs 2018, may have some relevance when selling it out of warranty
- Compliance date, if on/after July 2018 should haveve 5 years
- First registered, may be later than compliance date, and if on/after July 2018 should have 5 years

I've always been a Holden fan, but after owning several I've become a fan of Holden's that are still under warranty...