Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doof Doof - dumb or deaf?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
My 2cents.

I'm 22 and have a ~3.5k sound system. It's mainly SQ but I do have a 12" Alpine Type R sub.
I do like to listen to my music loud... I do feel stupid when I'm in peak hour traffic because I have to have my windows open cause I don't have aircon lol. I'd prefer to have windows up and aircon on and no body but me has to hear my music.

I do turn the system down when I get into residential roads. For the 5minutes in residential I can live without my ears bleeding lol.

Nah my system isn't that loud. But I do enjoy my tunes.

I think an exhaust is worse than a stereo tho. 3" exhaust on a 4cyl N/A = fail.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
all ive done to my stereo is replace the spits, can't get it anywhere near ear blistering, I dont really care. I drive around alot without music, I find listening to nothing but the engine/exhaust note strangely relaxing after a long day. Loud stereos are really for attention, and nothing else. If being 0.01% is illegal for p=platers, driving around with loud doof doof should be as well.

cracker

Reaction score
what is doof doof music? really ? is it a crack at people who like electro music? or heavy rock? im not really sure doof doof is a style, more so the sound of something that is turned up too loud?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Doof doof is techno mainly.

You know those wog mobiles that chuck laps going "Doof doof doof doof doof doof"

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
actually all doof doof refers to is the noise the sub makes with the beat. Doof doof is more accurately associated with volume than style.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
If its loud enough for you to hear it inside your house from that distance i think you will find he has speakers in the front bar. Its becoming more common and sounds normal inside the car.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
actually all doof doof refers to is the noise the sub makes with the beat. Doof doof is more accurately associated with volume than style.

Beat me to it.

cracker

Reaction score
Doof doof is techno mainly.

You know those wog mobiles that chuck laps going "Doof doof doof doof doof doof"

yeah... but i wouldnt class techno as a style any more, maybe back in like 1995 when hey computers can make music!

doof doof to me is muzza music. Brainless really.
muzza music? my 2nd name is murray and i like electro guess thats muzza music? lol

i tend too agree with this more so, id imagine if you turn up anything loud enough and dial the bass way up its going to make some sort of horrid doof sound

cracker

Reaction score
If its loud enough for you to hear it inside your house from that distance i think you will find he has speakers in the front bar. Its becoming more common and sounds normal inside the car.

or your house is made of straw or sticks much like the 3 little pigs?