Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doof Doof - dumb or deaf?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What a stupid statement. Well, of course, unlike every one of your contributions to the forum, which are glowing examples of what a forum should comprise.

If you don't like my posts. don't friggin' read them. If you think my posts are whinges, that's entirely your problem. I only put them in to generate discussion and see what others think. I don't go around stuffing my views down others' throats or ****-canning other forum members like you appear to enjoy doing. Plenty of other guys here have had the decency to respond in a sensible manner instead of just throwing knives.

And don't think that I should concern myself with your rantings just because you're a Site Administrator - it doesn't impress me one bit.
Firstly where have I ever gone around 'stuffing my views down others' throats or ****-canning other forum members'?
Secondly you wanted discussion on the topic, I asked a question with regards to it.
Finally I fail to see what myself being an administrator has to do with anything within this thread.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Firstly where have I ever gone around 'stuffing my views down others' throats or ****-canning other forum members'?
Secondly you wanted discussion on the topic, I asked a question with regards to it.
Finally I fail to see what myself being an administrator has to do with anything within this thread.

Firstly, have another look at your first post. If that wasn't **** canning me, I don't know what is. Seems to me as a Site Administrator, you could at least comply with the forum rules like you all remind the rest of us mere mortals to do.

Secondly, you have a funny way of asking a question.

Thirdly, see paragraph one.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I currently have the top 100 classical pieces of all time in my car. I have it up flat out everywhere I go. Get some funny looks from the real doofers. I do not give a **** what people think though, my car, my music, do not like it then turn up your own music and stop trying to listen to mine :)

Agreed, I have my music quite loud and quite frankly if other people don't like it then tough ****. I don't have it so loud to the point where you can hear me coming down the street though. You'll hear my car long before you hear the stereo lol.

I have no idea why people think you cant be concentrating properly if your music is up. I actually find it much easier to concentrate on the road if I have my music going and it keeps me much more alert. As for emergency vehicles it's all a matter of paying attention to your mirrors.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Caliber, can i extend this topic to the people who listen to talk back radio so loud, that with their windows up and my windows up, i can clearly hear what the discussion is about? (usually middle aged men)

I'd much rather something with beats than that dribble...

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Caliber, can i extend this topic to the people who listen to talk back radio so loud, that with their windows up and my windows up, i can clearly hear what the discussion is about? (usually middle aged men)

That's because before they were middle aged men, they werer little boys with doof doof car stereos!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

I'd much rather something with beats than that dribble...

By all means, Stealthy. Be my guest. I imagine they could irritate too.

vssleepa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2 commodore
lol who cares if its a **** heap wait for the basses to vibrate it to death

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Firstly, have another look at your first post. If that wasn't **** canning me, I don't know what is. Seems to me as a Site Administrator, you could at least comply with the forum rules like you all remind the rest of us mere mortals to do.

Secondly, you have a funny way of asking a question.

Thirdly, see paragraph one.
You used a negative connotation by referring to said people as being 'dumb or deaf', I simply did the same but referring to yourself. Not nice is it?

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Loud doof doof in cars doesn't really bother me, it's usually momentary and passes, and as many others have said it just makes them look like tools anyway - and I'm glad it ain't me!

When I was a youngster I remember cruising around in my mates Sandman with Metallica blaring so loud I felt physically sick, (not sure if it had anything to do with what we were smoking…..) but anyway I never have been a fan of really loud music in the car I'm traveling in.

I have a so so non standard stereo in my VH - went to great lengths to customise the speakers so that they fit under the
original speaker covers etc, but I hardly have it on as I usually prefer to listen to the burble of the finely tuned 308. Wish I just kept the original deck now…………

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You used a negative connotation by referring to said people as being 'dumb or deaf', I simply did the same but referring to yourself. Not nice is it?

Okay, I will say just this. The subject is hardly worth fighting over.

My thread was never intended as a whinge. I can't see where, in the original post, I "complained" about the volume of this guy's stereo. I just made a comment about how loud it is and then asked others what they think. That's the first point.

The second point is that I called the thread "Dumb or deaf" for the same reason that many guys on this thread have agreed. Playing your sound system that loud is not intelligent as it has health risks, hence "dumb". However, if they've already done it for too long, they've already affected their hearing - hence "deaf".

So, who the hell am I supposed to be insulting with that heading? Can you explain that?

"Not nice" - what the hell are you on about, you fool?