Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Actuators

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series II Berlina
Hi,

First thanks to everyone that has contributes here, so far this forum has helped me replace/diagnose, engine mounts, SRS Clock spring, power antenna and a PITA ABS module.
I use Envyous Customs software to help confirm the fault, so that I am not scratching around in the dark.

Anyway, my problem:
Sometimes the doors do not lock, the horn sounds 3 times as if a door is open. Only way to lock the car is to individually push the door knobs down and lock the drivers door with the key.

- I haven't seen any of the door knobs move (seen this in other threads where the door knob goes half down, not in my case).
- Has happened when either all or only drivers door have been unlocked prior.

Tried:
- Replaced the battery with a heavy duty battery.
- Open/close each door to see if it is a particular door.
- Sprayed WD40 on them.
- Tried moving the individual door knobs up/down to see if the actuator is causing it.
- Happens on hot or cold weather.
- Happens on the morning/afternoon/night.

Any ideas?
A fellow on THIS thread replaced the relays in the BCM. Are the 4 x JQC-16F relays responsible for the door actuators? Available in Australia?

Picture of VZ BCM HERE.

Kind regards.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hi,

First thanks to everyone that has contributes here, so far this forum has helped me replace/diagnose, engine mounts, SRS Clock spring, power antenna and a PITA ABS module.
I use Envyous Customs software to help confirm the fault, so that I am not scratching around in the dark.

Anyway, my problem:
Sometimes the doors do not lock, the horn sounds 3 times as if a door is open. Only way to lock the car is to individually push the door knobs down and lock the drivers door with the key.

- I haven't seen any of the door knobs move (seen this in other threads where the door knob goes half down, not in my case).
- Has happened when either all or only drivers door have been unlocked prior.

Tried:
- Replaced the battery with a heavy duty battery.
- Open/close each door to see if it is a particular door.
- Sprayed WD40 on them.
- Tried moving the individual door knobs up/down to see if the actuator is causing it.
- Happens on hot or cold weather.
- Happens on the morning/afternoon/night.

Any ideas?
A fellow on THIS thread replaced the relays in the BCM. Are the 4 x JQC-16F relays responsible for the door actuators? Available in Australia?

Picture of VZ BCM HERE.

Kind regards.
change your drivers door actuator its easy done,, buy on ebay two options a complete unit/lock,,, or just the electrical actuator

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Could also be the switch inside the doors maybe ? The one that turns the light on and off when the door is opened. Just a thought. I know these switches control the alarm system.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Could also be the switch inside the doors maybe ? The one that turns the light on and off when the door is opened. Just a thought. I know these switches control the alarm system.

I had the same problem exactly ,,, I changed out the drivers side actuator problem fixed 15 months later no issues

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys,

I cleaned the drivers side door jam switch. It had corrosion on it, but the door locking still played up the same.

So I went to the wreckers and got a second hand $40 drivers door actuator. I put it in about 2 hours ago, and of course it works, doors lock correctly (Murphy's law). So I'll wait a couple of days to see how it goes.

Thanks again guys.

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bugger!! That didn't fix the issue.
I'll buy the door jam switches, four of them are $20 on eBay.

Unless somebody else has an idea?

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Does the boot open when you press the remote? I had a similar problem but it affected everything related to the key remote buttons. The buttons wouldn't operate anything. Turned out to be the sun sensor in the middle of the dash. I replaced that and all has been working fine ever since.

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSHeaven, yea, all that works perfectly.

I'll buy some contact cleaner and clean the hell out of the door jam switches I have, even if I buy them, they are used and will still take until Tuesday or Wednesday before they get here.
Bloody annoying!

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Hope you get it sorted, Craig. Nothing more frustrating than an issue with a car that's difficult to track down.

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I cleaned the door jam switches. I did notice that the movement of them seem to be sticking. Maybe the plastic piston is pitted? But, the fault seems to occurring less. I might go to Holden and get the genuine ones for the front doors.