Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door handle buttons not working

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Hello all, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction before I pay holden to have a look at this.
The right front & right rear exterior door handle buttons will not unlock the car (with key fob in my pocket), however both the left front & left rear door handle buttons work fine.
I read somewhere to try disconnecting the battery and also the BCM fuses in the fuse box, which I did, I had them disconnected for about half an hour but still hasn't fixed the problem.
Also the memory seat buttons don't work either, not sure if that may be related or not.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Forgot to mention, it's a 2013 WN Caprice-V

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Suggestion from someone (me) who has no idea, but have you tried replacing the keyfob battery?

WW-VFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
You may have already tried this, but have you tried with both key fobs? Assuming you have two.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Yeah good ideas, I currently only have one keyfob. I only just got the car & the dealership I bought it from has ordered me a new 2nd keyfob (due in this week). I'll try changing the battery on the one I have, if that doesn't work I'll hope that the new second keyfob works properly.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, new keyfob coming ... they have to weave some sort of electrovoodoo to sync the fob with the car, so you might find the problem magically fixed when they sync the new fob anyhoo.

PS. don’t forget there’s a statutory 3 month warranty on all dealer-purchased cars under ... I can’t recall, something like 10yrs &/or 160k kms. Get back to them within 3 months of purchase to fix it, and it’ll be free to fix.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
That's right, I forgot about the statutory warranty!
Thanks mate, I'll hit em up & get it all fixed.