Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Help

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 CalaisV Sportwagon V8 Auto
Hi,

Major problem with my door, I just finished installing Dynamat in the driver side rear door. put all the trim back on etc, checked it locked/unlocked.

Shut the door and checked again, opened the door, shut it again, now it wont unlock.
The locking mechanism will not unlock the door, and to make matters worse the child lock is on, so im screwed. i cannot open the door. Anyone here know any tricks to unlock these from the inside?

i can see the lock, but it looks like the wire has popped off from the switch and it wont unlock.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any way to maybe remove the handle surround from the inside?

IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
This happened to me. I couldn't do anything but take it back to the dealership, as it was still under warranty.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
yeh mate had a similar issue, what you can do to manually open it is undo the screw in the handle that you see in the picture, then undo the top part of the trim reach inside and yank the cable that would open the doors. that should at least open the door for you.

Let me know how it goes just be careful

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys. I might give popping the top part of the trim off if i can do it careful enough. otherwise ill take it back to the dealership. Got me stressed out lol.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
take the door trim off and check out what is going on with the wire that is responsible for the locking mechanism which attaches on to the back off that handle you have displayed in the photo (dont forget the screws under the arm rest!)

you should be able to suss out what the problem is....if not, put it all back together and take it to the dealership....you could claim that you haven't taken the doors apart etc so its still under warranty but as soon as they see the dynomat that goes out the window haha

out of interest how hard was it to apply dynomat? cost? how much of the car did you cover?

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
take the door trim off and check out what is going on with the wire that is responsible for the locking mechanism which attaches on to the back off that handle you have displayed in the photo (dont forget the screws under the arm rest!)

you should be able to suss out what the problem is....if not, put it all back together and take it to the dealership....you could claim that you haven't taken the doors apart etc so its still under warranty but as soon as they see the dynomat that goes out the window haha

out of interest how hard was it to apply dynomat? cost? how much of the car did you cover?

Thanks Steve, Yeah might have a look at that tomorrow.

I got one of those bulk packs of Dynomat from Ebay, 36sq ft $200 + $25 postage or something.

So far i have done the spare wheel well, tailgate. under rear seats and 1 rear door, still got 2 sheets left. But i have been using more than i would have liked to, just to make sure its done right the first time.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
awesome, was it difficult removing all the trim etc? how much time is needed? noticeble difference in audio quality/external noise reduction?

all the best checking the door problem out tomorrow, im sure it ll be fine mate

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
awesome, was it difficult removing all the trim etc? how much time is needed? noticeble difference in audio quality/external noise reduction?

all the best checking the door problem out tomorrow, im sure it ll be fine mate

removing the trim was easy, you just need to make sure you have some Torx screwdrivers. the hardest part was doing the spare wheel well, it took me about 2 and a half hours, its just fiddly, everything else is really simple. The easiest way i have been doing it is making sure the dynamat is relatively warm (put it infront of the heater for a little while so it is easier to mold and bend) then laying it in the position i want to put it and molding it over the bumps etc, then cut it with scissors, peel the backing off and stick it down, wearing gloves helpes so you dont get little cuts on your hands from the foil, make sure you get as much contact with the dynamat on the surface you are trying to stick it to, then smooth out the wrinkles (cut some to allow the air to escape with a stanley) and using the back of a screwdriver helps tight spots.

Road noise has been dramatically reduced, also, knocking on the panels you can tell which ones sound 'fuller' and more solid, definatly sounds alot better when you close the door / tailgate, a nice solid thud.. i am doing the dynamat mainly to try and reduce exhaust noise inside..being a auto wagon... i found dynapad helped alot for this also. hope this helps.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
legend, deffs on my to do list when i get my new car IF i get it haha

like i said, good luck with the door stuff :)

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the advice guys, got the trim off by undoing the screw in the handle and the two under the arm rest then popping the clips off from the top and reaching down and pulling on the wire.