Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door lock appears stiff

Jjfur87

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Hey guys,

I've got an 07 SV6 and I've just notice the rear drivers side door lock is stiff. When I unlock or lock the doors, I have to press the button several times to get this door to respond. When you sit in the car and press the button, you can see the door lock trying to open or close, but it doesn't get very far. Anyone got any ideas as to whats going on and how I can fix it?

Cheers

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Easy enough to take the door trim off and have a look

Jjfur87

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
I took the door trim off, and there doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary. Cables were connected properly, however the cable running to the lock is stiffer than on the other doors.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Try some cable lube

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
It probably will be the mechanism, not the cable that is the problem.

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep I agree with the mechanism, that's where I'd look. They can get rust proofing into them or just dust & grit etc. I would try a squirt of WD40 or CRC & give the thing a good working over. Open close the door several times & work the lock & handle levers till it frees up. You should remove the trim to do it. Wipe off any eccess spray from paint work etc after.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
How'd you go with that Jjfur87? I have the exact same problem (same car, same door, same issue). Couldn't be bothered with pulling out the mechanism at the time (had nearly 50 bits of trim etc out doing the stereo). But might have another look soon depending how you go, otherwise one extra push on the key isn't too much effort. (Until I make new pods and sound deaden the doors properly - have to fix it then or I'll have that to deal with too when I finally pull my finger out). Wondering if some water got onto it and if it can happen again...