Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door RUBBERs & Weather STRIPs for Holden Commodore VZ V6

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Am looking for New Door Rubbers and Weather Strips for my Holden Commodore VZ V6,

I'm posting some pictures so you guys can see what am in need of,

The door rubbers (For all 4 doors), Don't mind my stupid interior ATM :p , have plans for that as well,

20151212_122310.jpg

(Not My Image,got it from google just for the sake of understanding)
Rubber.jpg

Weather strips, as there are 3 of em so I've just numbered them,

20151212_122334.jpg

20151212_122602.jpg

20151212_122728.jpg

20151212_122857.jpg

20151212_122903.jpg

Anybody knows any good vendor to get them? :\ (Not ebay plz,have seen people getting ripped off)

Cheers

R

Risky

Since they're marketed in the Middle East as Chevrolet you should be able to get them from your dealer there. Holden still sell them & have plenty in stock. I replaced all of mine just recently. As long as you have your VIN to provide the right model, you'll be fine. If you have a relative in Australia, they can buy them for you & ship them to you. If your local Chevrolet dealer tells you that they can't get them, tell them that they can.

Attachments

• IMG_20151005_0001.jpg
    IMG_20151005_0001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 647

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Since they're marketed in the Middle East as Chevrolet you should be able to get them from your dealer there. Holden still sell them & have plenty in stock. I replaced all of mine just recently. As long as you have your VIN to provide the right model, you'll be fine. If you have a relative in Australia, they can buy them for you & ship them to you. If your local Chevrolet dealer tells you that they can't get them, tell them that they can.

Hey thnx m8...actually I went to the dealer...they had around 2 to 3 parts and thats that...the rest they told I 'll have to place an order and they'll ship it from AUS or Dubai in a month or two, moreover a few of them were out of stock according to the person I was talking to...anyhow not intrested talking to them :p

They dunno **** about anything...can u plz mention the link(s) from where you bought them?

Cheers

R

Risky

The only thing I can think of is that you go to the Holden website https://secure.holden.com.au/forms/contact-us & leave them a message in the Contact Us section on how to obtain parts. I just walked into my local dealer when I was restoring my ute. You can get roughly 90% of parts for your car but there will be others you'll have to go elsewhere with.

Are there any other Chevrolet dealers in Saudi that you can talk to?

Their stocks in parts may be limited in Saudi but they should have access to Holden. If you have a friend or relative in Australia, they could help you on your behalf.

Here's a link to one of the biggest Holden dealerships in Sydney Order Car Parts for HSV, Holden in Rosebery - Suttons City Holden I don't know how helpful they can be but give them a try.

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
The only thing I can think of is that you go to the Holden website https://secure.holden.com.au/forms/contact-us & leave them a message in the Contact Us section on how to obtain parts. I just walked into my local dealer when I was restoring my ute. You can get roughly 90% of parts for your car but there will be others you'll have to go elsewhere with.

Are there any other Chevrolet dealers in Saudi that you can talk to?

Their stocks in parts may be limited in Saudi but they should have access to Holden. If you have a friend or relative in Australia, they could help you on your behalf.

Here's a link to one of the biggest Holden dealerships in Sydney Order Car Parts for HSV, Holden in Rosebery - Suttons City Holden I don't know how helpful they can be but give them a try.

Thnx alot m8, actually there are Chevrolet dealers in other cities but only after checking every city, the parts guy told me that these rubbers & weather shields are not available in Saudia (most of them,as I mentioned earlier), anyhow...No I don't have any relative or friend in AUS, actually I had one friend, but unfortunately he's also back here a few months back :p

Can you tell me the prices of all the parts you bought? i.e. Door rubbers and weather shields, perhaps a rough estimate, it would be a little helpful for me as I'll know what I'll be spending and I'll try to find someone in AUS who could help me annnnnnd I'll contact them i.e. the links u gave me...thnx once again m8 :)

Cheers

R

Risky

I don't know about the ones with the chrome strips in them but you're looking at approximately about AUD$90 each for most of the rubbers. Some are more some are less. I find it pretty hurtful on our reputation here that we export cars to the Middle East & don't supply a parts back up for it. Parts for Holdens are cheap when you compare with other marques. My suggestion is that if you find a reliable Aussie contact that will help, find out if there's other pieces you might need.

Considering your climate in Saudi, your door rubbers & moulds are in pretty good condition judging from the photos. What you should do is take photos of your ride in the Show off your ride section here VY - VZ - WK - WL - V2. There might be someone who could help you. Just list your car details with pics & what you want to do it. The link to my ute is at the bottom of my replies here so it'll give you an idea of the format.

I don't know what you want to do to the interior of your car. If you plan on replacing your seats likes ones from a Statesman or HSV in leather, you'll have a hell of a job trying to find decent ones. It took me 8 months to find the seats I wanted for mine. I'm sure there's some good upholsterers in Saudi that can re-trim them to whatever you want. A good set of replacement seats here cost a fortune. If you have car wrecking yards or if you can buy a cheap non-runner VZ & strip that for what you want.

I'm pretty sure your car is based on the Berlina out here.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
There are a few GM-H dealers on eBay as well, I find most of them pretty helpful.

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
try crazy paul website, he sends a lot of gear overseas

Heyy thnxx m8...I think he could be "crazy" helpful though :p

I don't know about the ones with the chrome strips in them but you're looking at approximately about AUD$90 each for most of the rubbers. Some are more some are less. I find it pretty hurtful on our reputation here that we export cars to the Middle East & don't supply a parts back up for it. Parts for Holdens are cheap when you compare with other marques. My suggestion is that if you find a reliable Aussie contact that will help, find out if there's other pieces you might need.

Considering your climate in Saudi, your door rubbers & moulds are in pretty good condition judging from the photos. What you should do is take photos of your ride in the Show off your ride section here VY - VZ - WK - WL - V2. There might be someone who could help you. Just list your car details with pics & what you want to do it. The link to my ute is at the bottom of my replies here so it'll give you an idea of the format.

I don't know what you want to do to the interior of your car. If you plan on replacing your seats likes ones from a Statesman or HSV in leather, you'll have a hell of a job trying to find decent ones. It took me 8 months to find the seats I wanted for mine. I'm sure there's some good upholsterers in Saudi that can re-trim them to whatever you want. A good set of replacement seats here cost a fortune. If you have car wrecking yards or if you can buy a cheap non-runner VZ & strip that for what you want.

I'm pretty sure your car is based on the Berlina out here.

"I don't know about the ones with the chrome strips"

They had black color on them before and now they're chrome strips :p ...the color has faded away :p (Harsh weather here, mostly sand storms)

"Considering your climate in Saudi, your door rubbers & moulds are in pretty good condition judging from the photos."

Welll...they're ok...I get really pissed when I hear the "kharr kharr" sounds of the mirrors when am driving on uneven roads and the wind sounds when am doing 140Km/h or more, even there is vibration sounds from driver side door when stopped on traffic signals sometimes, I guess may be due to the door rubber's life is up

Actually its not that expensive here, moreover rather then changing the whole seats I would prefer getting new seat covers, stitched & according to what I want as I've both hydraulic front seats so am just gonna change the seat covers, am gonna get em pretty soon n post pictures, I'll let you know m8

JUST A ROUGH IDEA:
First am gonna black out all my beige like interior using Duplicolor Flat black then am gonna be doing all the seats, may be black seats with green stitching, so that it matches the interior lightning of my car am not sure of the design I want right now, am still working on that

Actually I googled and found the website after reading "MYVESSV8" comment and right after registering I got a notification which was your msg :p
U're really helpfull m8...reaalllyy... thnx a lot :yeah::rockon:, perhaps we could exchange no. and talk over whatsapp if you don't mind...PM me your contact no