Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door speakers

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
i wanna put in my alpine Rtype 6.5" componant speakers into the front doors of my vl exec, wil they be too deep? will i need to use wood to reinforce? pods spacers ect

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
measure them first mate. hard to say as i dont know the speakers. pull the trim off and see. double check with the window down.
if its only a fraction out put some mdf between it and the door. or make a sexy pod type thing....

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Is it best to make pods just out of like mdf and build up layers then "sculpt" it?

I wanna make ones that angle the speaker back and up a bit so they face me. im hunting for a jigsaw at the moment so i can cut out the new trim boards.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
Wot about some quality 4 inch ones for the dash thats wot i done and they sound awesome.Plus they are tidier and hidden out the way :thumbsup:

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive/ VR clubsport
Can you just trim up the vr doors to make em fit for the vl? cause my bro has a vr and is getting a new interior done, wouldnt mind stripping his front doors and taking the speakers straight from that, has pioneer 6" in there...

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
no point getting 4" when i have 6.5rtypes from my last car. i was thinking some nice pod to angle them up aswell VLACS but theirs not much to line them up to like my last car its all kinda flat, their gonna look "put their" anyhow any one done a nice install?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
im going to be facing the same problem, 6" into the door, other ones stolen so im gonna have to make something up to cover the hole the thieves left, (more than 6")

A

albino1986

i'm about to get my 6.5" components installed in my VL. gold coast car sound is gonna do it for $50, awsome value i think considering they have to cut some metal and everything out

C

craigvl038

i just put some fusion 6'' components in my vl and i did not know how i was gonna make it look good i went to the wreckers and got some vs door pods and just screwed them straight on it looks good and blends in with my trim really good ill post some pics when i get some time to take some..

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Stewart1000 said:
im going to be facing the same problem, 6" into the door, other ones stolen so im gonna have to make something up to cover the hole the thieves left, (more than 6")

just grab some new trims mate. they arent that expensive from wreckers and will be neater than covering up holes any other way. there are still plenty out there without holes cut in them.