Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doors lock automatically

VZ05SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi all, sorry if this has already been brought up, I had a bit of a search and couldn’t find anything in the FAQs thread…

I have a VZ SV6 (05 model) and when you start up, all the doors automatically lock when you shift into drive or reverse (and open again when you shift back into park). Find it annoying, I’d prefer them open all the time without having to do so manually.

Positive I’ve been in other VZs where this doesn’t happen, is it just a setting that can be switched off easily?

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Sounds like an anti-hijack feature. Seen it on Volvo's and the like but not on Commodores before.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Appears so, just found this on a quick google search:
Yep, definitely something you can change from the menu yourself. Just turn the key on (don't need to actually start it) and after 20 secs or so you will get the instructions display on the dash for how to get into the menu and then how to alter settings. From memory that's called the "Auto Lock" option. Just change it to No.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
It is a bit annoying, but very good feature if you drive by yourself a lot, especially women. That way its harder for someone to jump in at a set of lights.

My parents VY had it, but my VX doesn't, so I guess it got introduced in the VY series.

Hold down the mode(?) and set(?) buttons (I think) when you turn the ignition on, it will bring up a whole lot of options.

VZ05SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks lein, your Google skills are clearly superior to mine. Will give it a go.

VZ05SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Cheers acarmody. Yeah it probably suits some people, I just find it annoying. Every time you’re quickly dropping someone off or picking them up in the street the bloody doors are locked.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
As "lein" said it is in the menu, my wife has her key set that way but I don't, she feels safer having the doors lock after starting when she is by herself in the car.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
You can also just set the drivers door only to unlock aswell

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
like was said its all in your extra settings, read your owners manaul to acsess this feature, you can also set your stereo to increase volume at speed, and decrease when stopped at trafic lights, its all in there even to turn off the digital speedo, also one push off the button to deadlock lock the car instead off pushing the fob twice to deadlock the car