Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doors locking automatically

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hi guys

I've noticed this problem happening with my ss a few times the past month. When I get in and pull the door shut, all the doors lock.

I didn't think about it too much just thinking I'd knocked the lock with my elbow or something.

Until this arvo after work when I turn the car on from outside the car, shut the door and go to put my bag in the back seat and the car has locked itself! It took about 30 minutes of prying the top of the door and getting a coat hanger in there to pull the lock up to get it open, thank goodness a few work mates helped me out.

So any idea why this would be happening? Auto lock isn't enabled and all the door lock seem firm.... Maybe key battery is going flat?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Its a setting in the computer.
Open up the trip computer before starting the car and go through the option until you reach the setting for the door locks and change it.
My wifes key does that because she feels safer where as My key doesn't and set it off.

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Thanks for the advice mate, but the auto lock isn't enabled. It's actually from the jolt of shutting the door, so the car doesn't even need to be on.

Although I have recently changed the way the door unlocks so all doors unlock when pressing the button rather then just the drivers door.

Can anyone shed some light on if this could be a loose terminal in the door or something?

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Has something to do with the lock not going all the way up i've noticed.