Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double Brake Booster?

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
'foam just made mention of a double brake booster used with a 1" mastercylinder.

What's the go? Could someone (who knows) explain what it does, what it was fitted to and how to identify one.

I've done the VP S2 rotors and calipers and 1" cylinder upgrade but am using the original booster. Is there sometning significant to gain with a booster upgrade?

Cheers.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
what you looking for is referred to as a dual diaphragm brake booster, common on V8's.

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
I just looked on ebay and found a VN SS booster, advertised as a 'double diaphram'.

Part number PBR VH512. Sounds like I need one. Anyone know if they were fitted together with all 1" mastercylinders or were a special fitment just for SSs.

Also would one off a VR, VS fit or were there changes made at model transitions?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
vs is single diaphram and plastic crap. Vr will fit, i beleive they are the same vn-vr. But if you goin to that trouble you mise well do the vt booster and master upgrade. Many people do it and never look back.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I just looked on ebay and found a VN SS booster, advertised as a 'double diaphram'.

Part number PBR VH512. Sounds like I need one. Anyone know if they were fitted together with all 1" mastercylinders or were a special fitment just for SSs.

Also would one off a VR, VS fit or were there changes made at model transitions?

Thats the double one, I'm not sure if it came with all the 1 inch master cars or only the V8's but either way it's the "missing ingredient" and makes a big difference. It fits straight on BUT I think you you will need a different little angle thingo that bolts the master to the strut tower. Although you could easily make on of those (a better stronger one). Worth noting that VS V8's have shiiiiiiiiiit brakes compared to a vn/p and the only difference between them and the early cars is the booster and master

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
Thanks Foam. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Now off to the wreckers.

Cheers