Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double din dvd player

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
OK just got my new car its a vx berlina and i want a double din dvd player for it.
Im running 2 kicker l7's with a tarantula trx 2000d amp, i havent chosen front splits yet im not sure on them yet.
I want a double din dvd player for my deck, Ive looked at Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD and the Alpine IVA-W502E 7" touch screen.
Just wondering which would be the better option or if there are any other better options

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
I'm running a Sony XAV-W1. No Hassles, easy to install.

This unit has an antenna remote wire + amp remote wire, something that the pioneer units have been lacking in the past.... not sure if they've started including it lately.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
look at all of them dude....I'm a fan of the clarion unit myself, but thats just me :)

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
You'll notice an average interface before average sound quality.
If one unit puts out higher sound quality, u wont really tell unless they are in a side by side test. (unless you read my review on a ebay unit, in reviews section, where u can tell straight away its bad)
If you find one easier to operate than the other one, well u'll know that straight away, and a better unit will make driving more enjoyable.

Well that was the logic i used when deciding between 3 brands of identically price/featured gps thingos

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Ok cheers. Yeah i have seen threm both in person and the Alpine does look and perform better and is easy to use

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
OK just got my new car its a vx berlina and i want a double din dvd player for it.
Im running 2 kicker l7's with a tarantula trx 2000d amp, i havent chosen front splits yet im not sure on them yet.
I want a double din dvd player for my deck, Ive looked at Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD and the Alpine IVA-W502E 7" touch screen.
Just wondering which would be the better option or if there are any other better options

I've just ordered the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD from the US on Ebay for $590 delivered.
My DVD player atm is the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD,which I also got from Ebay when the aussie dollar was good a year or so ago.The only issues with buying the US model is warranty hassles,DVD player region code and AM radio stations ending in 0s.
The region code is not a problem because I use backups of my movies in the car anyway,less hassle if stolen or scratched etc. AM radio is not a problem either,honestly who even listens to AM anymore?
That leaves warranty,which i'm not too worried about because it's Pioneer and they build great reliable stuff,worse case i'll have to send it back to the US for repair.

The AVH-P4000 I have now has been perfect and i've never had any issues at all with it,it still looks brand new,even the touchscreen.
I'm only upgrading because the new one has a slightly bigger screen
(7" compared to 6.1") and the screen tilts , both will help with my reverse camera viewing and general use.
I'll probably sell my AVH-P4000 when the other unit arrives, if you're interested shoot me a PM or reply here.

Last edited: