Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*drag racing virgin!! - tips & advice please*

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
Hahaha it was all fun up until now...

At about 3:30 this afternoon, I got a phone call saying GAS30T's bottom radiator hose/clamp came loose on the M5 and was over heating mad ways. He cut the hose, re clamped it, all he could get was FOUR LITRES OF WATER to crawl home in.

Possible damaged or warped head now, will see when it has cooled down in the morning.

So, all in all, it was great fun.

*cries in dismay* Thanks for the support anyway guys. I feel like throwing bricks at the car now ha.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
If you must know, my mate owns a very large piece of land out in Austral, grass, gravel, concrete, you name it - he's got it!! When I first got my car he told me if I wanted to get up to any mischief, do it in his 2 acre yard - score!

You got to 160kmh on a 2 acre block? that right there is amazingly dangerous. 2 acres is pretty bloody small. Even if the land were an average house block wide it'd only be about 100m long.... one hellava VN you got there to do that then stop as well....

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Well at least you have some experience now. Glad to hear you had fun though, thats what its all about! :)

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
You got to 160kmh on a 2 acre block? that right there is amazingly dangerous. 2 acres is pretty bloody small. Even if the land were an average house block wide it'd only be about 100m long.... one hellava VN you got there to do that then stop as well....

what the hell are you talking about...it's a VN

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
what the hell are you talking about...it's a VN

lol i forgot they come standard with jet engine and parachute. Still might struggle on the old 2 acre block though.....

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Is it just me, or do you fellas love bagging the sh!t out of a little lady, or her car? Or is it both?? I think so. Some people can be real twats.

Case closed.

Don't worry...There are people on this site that won't make fun of you :thumbsup: So any thoughts on next race? or WAS it a ONCE in a lifetime chance? lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Meh maybe missed a zero in her ' 2 acre part or meant hectare' us city folk aint into the old ways of measuring dirt.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Is it just me, or do you fellas love bagging the sh!t out of a little lady, or her car? Or is it both?? I think so. Some people can be real twats.

Case closed.

Not really but when there is BS to be called BS will be called. You wouldn't believe how many members come on here and make bogus claims or then backtrack when the realise illegal behaviour isn't amusing on JC. If that's all we find on you then you are doing well. I apologise sincerely for finding and calling BS.

Meh maybe missed a zero in her ' 2 acre part or meant hectare' us city folk aint into the old ways of measuring dirt.

I grew up in the country and now live in the city (half-half in terms of years). When you are older and looking to buy a house you will find out that you do in fact measure the blocks very carefully.