Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drapht - Rapunzel Tour

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
It’s been a long time between drinks for west coast MC and wordsmith Drapht. Having had a massive 08 and 09, most of 2010 has been spent teaming up with “Brothers Grimm” producer Trials working on the follow up. Drapht has been holed up in a home studio writing, crossing out, rewriting, cutting, pasting, cutting again, deleting, occasionally banging his head against a wall and then finally kicking back and smiling. The success of 2008’s Brothers Grimm, which spawned the massive radio hits Jimmy Recard and Falling (Jimmy Recard was the #2 most played track on JJJ in 08 and was #10 in the Hottest 100 as well as receiving Nova rotation and V Ripe Clip of the Week) has brought with it a range of pressures and expectations, not only from Drapht’s fans but also from the man himself, who isn’t exactly known for resting on his laurels and not moving forward.

So has it been worth the wait and the blood sweat and tears? Well, we can’t give you the whole picture until the album is out early next year (the album title is “The Life of Riley” by the way) but the first taste is about to be revealed. It’s called Rapunzel and it’s the perfect way to lead into summer, let alone an album. To quote Drapht "The love hate relationship that is Rapunzel- a subject that I had that was extremely close to my heart, so naturally the song itself was one of the easiest to write, but one of the hardest to nail in the recording process. Has to be one of my favourites to date, has made me fall in love with her all over again!"

Rapunzel will go to radio in two weeks, and a styling video is being worked on at the moment.

The best way for people to get an idea of the full scope of the album is to come along to the Rapunzel tour where selected cuts from the new record will get a showing, as well as a wide smattering from Drapht’s back catalogue.

It’s going to be the only shows this year, and it’s going to be big.

DRAPHT
Rapunzel Tour
Tickets on sale Thursday 21st October

Friday 19th November - Tempo Hotel, Brisbane
with special guests Dialectrix and Optamus
Tickets from OzTix > Home and Oztix outlets

Thursday 2nd December - The Gov, Adelaide
with special guests Dialectrix and Briggs
Tickets from Concert Tickets, Music Festivals & Live Gigs | moshtix, Venue*Tix Adelaide tickets :: ticketing Adelaide events / The Gov; The Gov | Tickets | Lovin' live music since 1993 and (08) 8340 0744

Friday 3rd December - Prince Bandroom, Melbourne
Tickets from Polyester, Greville, Prince public bar; (03) 9536 1168 and online Prince Bandroom

Saturday 4th December - Gaelic Club, Sydney
Tickets from Concert Tickets, Music Festivals & Live Gigs | moshtix and moshtix outlets, the venue The Gaelic

Saturday 11th December - Villa, Perth
with Optamus plus guests
Tickets from www.heatseeker.com.au, Heatseeker retail outlets and Moshtix (1300 GET TIX or moshtix.com.au)

Am curious to know if anyone will be hitting this up?
Gonna be a dope tour. Got my tickets 15 minutes ago.

Opinions

RK

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Dope is illegal. How are they going to be touring with it?

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Dope is illegal. How are they going to be touring with it?

Not quite sure if your retarded or just stupidly sarcastic but dope means 'cool' buddy

anyway, i saw him play in the valley in Brisbane. Was sooo good, the whole of downsyde showed up to play 'to the stumps'
It was insane
DEFINATEY worth going to see if your into some aussie hip hop

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
learn to laugh... :p

that is all

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
(does anyone know if you can by tickets at the door? )
Don't quote me on this but if it doesnt sell out online first I'm sure you can. Best to get online thought, safesty way of doing it I rekon