Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drift car

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
Hi all didn't want to start a new thread but I could find anything specific for what I'm looking for. Just curious to see people's opinions on turning my vx into a street legal D1 car, I'm only on my p's but I've started small like a full cat back exhaust and the next thing I'm doing is a new heavy duty clutch, 8mm spark plug leads, coil packs, pod filter with a custom box , that will do me while I learn but I'm unsure of what to do with the suspension? I'm thinking maybe lower it slightly and add some sway bars ?? Cheers in advance James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
buy yourself one of these and go nuts:
FTL-HOLESAW.jpg

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2000 VT S Pac "Gold Nugget"
I seen an article with a VR ute that was used for drifting but was driven daily. Can be done, BUT if you want D1 worthy then there is no way it will be street legal. WAY too many modifications. And even though there would be a chance it COULD be engineered (the key word being COULD as it probably wouldn't pass), the total cost outlay of the entire car, plus parts and custom fabrication work, plus cost of engineering, would not be worth it. Unless you have BIG $$$ then wouldn't bother. Just make a dedicated drifter

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
so many EL OH ELs to ensue in this thread... because racecar and stealth twin turbos under the seat!....sorry, just needed to be first.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I thought school holidays was over? Not going to happen with a VX OP unless you gut it entirely which will then make it not street legal. Also the motor will more then likely struggle. Throwing bigger leads and a pod filter on doesn't make your car faster.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Slightly off topic, but I was gunna build my Ford Ka into like a street legal drag car that'll do 6's. I've got some 185s on the front. Any other pointers?

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Yeah weldthe front "diff", take the spare wheel out, the back seats out, and do a v8 conversion. Hell, should be easy, we have 248, 922 threads on converting a v6 to v8, so a 4 to v8 should be easy, as a 4 is half an 8.

Um, confused myself with that post, but that's the caliber of 80% of what goes on here.

Go the Ka!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk