Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drift car

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
I know putting bigger leads and a pod on won't make it faster but it'll help it breath and my goal isn't to race in the street legal d1 series but just to have a drift commodore that will slide around a track with ease. I know I won't be able to compete as a commodore is more likely to spin out rather then hold it's angle. But if I'm not interested in competing and just having a bit of fun what's the harm in trying ? An import might be able to hold angle and speed through a corner but I'd like to have smoke billowing off the rear end through the corner and down the straight wether I have good angle or only slightly tweaked angle. I've seen videos of a ve that goes alright is more doing power slide but 3 gear sideways out of a corner still takes a lot of skill. Every one at one point has slid there commy around a corner, might not be actual drifting but it's a HELL of a lot of funQUOTE]

I love making lists of reasons to shoot down the youngin's

1, You said drift commodore.
2, A fat ass stock ecotec will never "slide around a track with ease" It's too heavy and underpowered.
3, You do not have enough power to have "smoke billowing off the rear end and down the straight"
4, I never slid my commodore.
5, Have you considered all the parts you will break?
6, Have you considered that your diff is properly an open kind?
7, Have you considered that a 1600kg 4 door family sedan with 120rwkw (I'm being genreous) might just not have what it takes?
8, You do realise that just cause its rear wheel drive, doesn't mean it can bust out an epic Need For Speed slide?
9, Suspension setups
10, Cost of tyres
11, Cost of fuel
12, Condition of the car ie is it even safe?
13, Leads will do nothing
14, A pod wont even help it "Breath" If you car couldn't breath, it would stall.
15, Going to assume this is your only vehicle. What will you do if you crash?
16, Your insurance wont cover it

I could go on and on and on and on.

I appreciate your response and yes i probably shouldn't have said drift commodore, possibly just burnout pig. However any rear wheel drive manual car can slide ( unless your a shocking driver ) yes it is heavy yes it is under powered and yes in my previous statement I over exajurated **** loads and I apologise. However I may be young but I have had many cars and no this is not my only car, I understand my insurance won't cover me if I crash and parts are going to break, but where is the harm in trying? Atleast I want to take it to a track and have a go unlike most young people who do it on the street putting other people at risk. If I crash that's the consequence to my stupidity but atleast it won't be into a parked car or a persons fence. This post was a learning curve for me, I have put 302's into lj torana's and restored hq's, I have previously had an auto skyline I had for drifting but it was auto so I sold it, I have since moved on to commodores which I find are cheap in parts and labour and easy to source parts for. I have stockpiled stock tyres for burnouts to save on money, I have thought all the pro's and cons of the idea and once again I still find there is no harm in trying, but am open to everyone's opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
You cannot successfully drift a stock VX S Pac.

But your enthusiastic, i like that.

Last edited:

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
You cannot successfully drift a stock VX S Pac.

But your enthusiastic, i like that.

No you cannot however a power slide can be done. But I'm sure when I make it to Eastern creek one day I'll be laughed at by import drivers. Atleast I tried right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Said no p plater everywhere!

Laaaaaaaaaaawl

The issue you have is that you're diff is probably an open type, meaning this;

2qty2av.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Apart from anything else you need a lot more power to drift than a stock ecotec can give you.