Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drift woes

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
Hey guys. i got a problem... whilse drifting my vn cuts out.. power is still on.. car wont start... im thinking c.a.s. cos my auto meter gauge cuts out occasionly(for a split second) altho car still runs(maby it trips out if the signal drops for a fraction).. or could it even be the dfi???.. my tacho gets signal off the spare comeing off the loom in the bay...

thx for hearing me out hope ya can help

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Check all associated power posts/wires,is the problem only happening with spirited driving?

Lodgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore, HX Ute
sorry to sound stupid, but its not just the fuel moving to the other side of the tank is it? when mine is under half a tank (which a full tank for me is only 40 litres :S ) it will die coming out of hard corners and then surely enough once im going straight again itll come roaring back to life..

I am not even sure if this is the problem its just what i am assuming is wrong with mine.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Swaybars mate you need bigger swaybars and stiffer springs keep that drift nice and flat and avoid any tank slapping itll fix all your problems

I can drfit my wagon better than Tanner Faust

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Yeah, What pubber said, or, if your serious, try baffles in the tank?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
its a factory setting holden put in the ECU to stop people hooning, try getting a cop chip they dont have the setting and ur car will gain 20kw

Or possibly to stop people panicking and accelerating while they're sliding towards that tree. Not sure how valid that is, there's no such thing as cop chips but possibly PM delcowizzid on here and see if there is such a thing that needs disabling, whether there is or not get a tune from him you're car will pull a lot harder.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
its a factory setting holden put in the ECU to stop people hooning, try getting a cop chip they dont have the setting and ur car will gain 20kw

Cop chip :doh:

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
or even 2 cop chips, will give an extra 40kw at the meats.

Just put them side by side and cover what ever you can see in solder :p

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T

He is taking the piss,well I hope so......