Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drive Gears Missing ?

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Everning all. Currently driving a 2006 VE SS and the car seems to be missing gears. I haven’t decided if it’s the auto box or if it’s something less serious. I’ll try to describe this as best I can. Driving home tonight using “Active Select” as always and shifting up gears was fine no slipping or anything all of a sudden I felt a jolt followed by my ESP disengaging and my check engine light coming up. Car was still running revs were fine but I noticed my “gear selecter” on dash had disappeared I also noticed that I couldn’t shift up or down. Switched it back to drive and carried on pressed down on Pedal revs went up released revs went down all seemed normal. Approaching my first red light I noticed I couldn’t feel the car “shifting” at all it sort of just rolled. Continued to brake and noticed my revs were down very low but car had no signs of stalling. Turned the corner and took off revs went up and car took off again but no “shifting” was heard or felt. Car has park and knows when it’s placed in reverse but it sort of just “ghosts” at 2000RPM almost like it’s not even in a gear. Anyone got a clue ?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Automatic transmission says NO.

Sounds expensive.