Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Issues

lco126

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys first post here so not sure if this is right section for it. Anyway I have a 2009 Holden Commodore VE. 6spd auto 3.0L with 290000km. I'm noticing that the shifting is a little rough on the car mostly down shifting. When I come to a complete stop, the car will lurch forward every time it goes down to a lower gear sometimes quite a bit to the point where you'll end up nearly rear ending the car in front. Also when you're going about 50km/h the revs will be around 1000 rpm and the car will judder as it decides what gear to go in.

This issue is worse when the car is warm(not so bad on first start). Have changed fluid and topped off to the correct level. Is this just an issue of high kms. Any help would be great. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Time to drop the pan and replace the filter, oil and clean a few other bits in there.

Put it all back together.
Fill up. Check level.

Then do again in 10000 because you don’t get all the oil out with a traditional change.

lco126

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Time to drop the pan and replace the filter, oil and clean a few other bits in there.

Put it all back together.
Fill up. Check level.

Then do again in 10000 because you don’t get all the oil out with a traditional change.
Yeah might give that a go and see if that fixes it. Are the transmissions on these VE's (sorry not sure what type it is) known to last over 300000km with no major issues assuming regular servicing?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Yeah might give that a go and see if that fixes it. Are the transmissions on these VE's (sorry not sure what type it is) known to last over 300000km with no major issues assuming regular servicing?
at 290000k i'd say trans is done, good 2nd hand ones no to hard to get