Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drive Throughs.. Mag Nightmares..

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i reversed through the wellington road one (mulgrave), took a while, but damn it was fun

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
One of my first skuffs was at hj's,sound's like they are renound for this.This particular one was as tight as a nun's........well you know.But now I jdgaf because 3 out of 4 of mine have had touch up's in one way or another.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
i reversed through the wellington road one (mulgrave), took a while, but damn it was fun

LMFAO i reversed thru the old Maccas that used to be in Mermaid Beach, but I got stuck and had to go backwards/forwards about 100 times to get around the last corner......... it also took a while, but it was also a shitload of (immature) fun!!

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ive done warragal maccas backward that is the king of time trials that one as well as manouvering did it at the thime the state youth games were on too so the place was bust as fuk

you want a tight drie through though maccas on victoria street opp the freemasons hospital its undergrouns its square turns its got bollards and support poles thats a challenge then if you get thru order too much food cause the convey belt cant hack the wait to take things back up so they have to do it :p

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
The thing I'm scared of is not rims, but scraping under my doors on the gutters because the Berlina is so low.

I always swing REAL wide and try keep it as straight as possible.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
defenetly narrow, i only have 15's so not sure on rims, but even still, crunches on my front bar underneath sometimes

my mechanic rams down this steepp driveway alot, i dont want him test driving my car anymore

5Litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III ute 5.0M and VL Berlina Turbo Wagon
don't want to sound like a smart arse tellin' ya how to drive but remember the car actually rotates around the back axle as you turn. You need to have the centre of the back wheel past the curb before you start to turn. I accept that some drive throughs are tighter than others but I used to get to drive my mates '65 impala all the time because no-one else could get it through the drive through and that is one W-I-D-E car.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
True that. When im driving in car parks/drive thrus the missus always says to swing wider cause I almost hit the gutters and I tell her the same thing, that I only have to get the back wheel past the gutter to turn in. Doesnt stop her going on about it tho.