Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver Power Window Assembly

Ant

Reaction score
Hey All,

My Driver's Side Power Window Assembly (in the door) has broken, looks like the whole assembly has sheared off.

Does anyone know the part number for the assembly, and any ideas of an approximate cost.

I don't want to buy new from Holden if i can afford it, so does anyone know of any decent wreckers on Brisbane's Northside.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Call ALLFORD wreckers at Clontarf (Redcliffe area) on 3883 1950 thay should have a full rebuild kit for it. Failing that give Morayfield Wreckers a ring on 54986688 as they had started to build up a selection of newer model cars before I left for WA.

Hope that helps regards Guy.

p.s. I know, yes they are a ford wrecker but they sell new window mechanicals and stuff like that.

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
brand new from Holden they're about $150 plus $1 for the rivets. I've already replaced the drivers side front, and soon will be up for the passenger front one too.

When it comes time to replace that one I'll get another brand newie

A

akwoods

Power Window Problem

Hey There, Lately my ClubSport has began making a God Awful "Clunk" noise when you raise and lower the drivers electric window. Like all strange noises I have been ignoring it for about 6 months, but I was told by a friend that this is a common problem that results in the window guide coming off and falling inside the door and taking the glass with it. Is this what happened in your cases, did you get any warning before the thing broke? Because if it is I would like to have the problem fixed before it happens but wouldn't mind some advice on where to take it and how much a repair like this should cost (I have a history of being ripped-off because they see the HSV badge and a clueless driver and rub their hands together, lol). I'm in Melbourne. Any help would be appreciated, thanks, AW. :confused:

M

Mordor

don't ignore it.

akwoods,

Mate there are 2 nylon sliders which slide on the regulator arms. Take the door trim off and you'll see what I'm talking about. The parts for VT etc are $1.50 each, so I'd buy 8 and replace the lot (each window I'm talking about). I ignored it for a week or two, when I was unaware of the problem, and the window fell in the door scratching my tinting, oh the humanity. :b:

Basically one slider cracks leaving a great deal of pressure on the other one which will break soon enough. Also when they break you have metal on metal which is not good for obvious reasons. All you really need is some lube and multigrips, and patience finding all the damn screws which hold the door on.

Hope that helps mate.

Cheers

G

gaza70

I am replacing my guides (o 0 o) as I have experienced the same problem. Do they just snap clip over the window arm knobs? They seem pretty tight, I dont want to break them!

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Broken slider

My drivers window has been really slow to close the last inch, and now requires a little bit of help to close. I asked the Holden dealer in Cardiff to take a look at it last service, and all they said was "we lubed it up but it's still slow. We'll have another look at it next time." I spent some time today pulling the door trim off because I couldn't see where they could have "lubed it up". There's no way of doing anything without removing the trim. Turns out that if they took the trim off they would have noticed the broken slider on the back half of the regulator. They could have had the job done in 20 mins if they bothered, rather than bullshitting me and trying to get the car back for another service. Looks like I'm off to get some nylon sliders and pulling the trims off again. Whish I read this thread first!

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Yes, I have noticed that in my 01 VX I am getting the same god awful "clunking" sound when I put Drivers side window down, and when I am doing it up, at about 3/4's of the way. Hopefully it is the same problem as described and I can just replace the nylon sliders. Are there any tips on how to do this? I am sure I can work it out once I take the trim off and have a look, but any other advice would be great :)

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Check out this link here for tips. Once you've got the trim off you'll be able to see if it's the nylon sliders that are broken (if you're lucky), but it could also be the window regulator.

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Bah...I hope it is just the nylon straps..

I already have to get new shockies, and a rear suspension kit....dont want to have to spend MORE money!
Thanks anyway mate :)